These are our favorite healthy breakfast smoothies recipes that will supercharge your mornings (in under 5 minutes each)! From fruity smoothies to green smoothies, we have something for every craving.
They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but what about the people who don’t like breakfast? Or the folks who don’t have time for breakfast? Or those who like a good ole second breakfast? For those crowds, we smoothie.
Tips for making smoothies
Before we dive into our easy smoothie recipes, here are a few tip for making the best smoothies at home.
- Tip 1: Banana as a base: Banana is naturally sweet and creamy, making it a great addition to almost any smoothie. If you’re not a fan of bananas, use Greek yogurt or even cottage cheese, both of which will give your healthy smoothie a boost of protein.
- Tip 2: Freeze a fruit: For that perfect frosty texture, use at least one frozen fruit in the smoothie (we usually chop up and freeze the banana, then simply throw a few frozen chunks in). We prefer this over ice, which doesn’t break down well and can lead to an icy smoothie.
- Tip 3: Use a blender: A good quality blender (like the Vitamix) will churn out much smoother smoothies than a food processor, which is meant for grinding rather than blending.
- Tip 4: Meal prep it: Low on time? Portion all the ingredients (minus the liquid) to freezer-safe baggies and freeze. When you’re ready to make the smoothie, empty the bag into the blender, add your liquid, and blend!
- Tip 5: Give it a boost: By adding chia seeds, flax seeds, protein powder, moringa powder, or silken tofu.
The Best Smoothies For Breakfast
We love smoothies and have so many smoothie recipes here on Live Eat Learn (we even have this ultimate guide for how to make a smoothie without a recipe). But we’ve rounded up a few of our favorites below, and organized them to help you find the flavor you’re craving:
- Fruity Breakfast Smoothies
- Hidden Veggie Breakfast Smoothies
- Coffee and Chocolate Breakfast Smoothies