This Tropical Watercress Smoothie is packed with aromatic watercress, tropical fruit, and citrus!
Green smoothies aren’t usually my Friday go-to. Green smoothies are a Monday thing. Bright-eyed and ready for the week, I sip a green smoothie as I zoom off to school. Fridays are for pizza and bourbon slushes and treating myself to the sweet treats of the Dutch train station stands.
But not this Friday. Because it’s been one of those weeks where the only way to get through it is by having ice cream before dinner. And so, friends, in the name of health I bring to you this watercress smoothie!
Watercress has a really distinct flavor. Powerful and a bit spicy! So it doesn’t blend into the background like other leafy greens might (like spinach in traditional green smoothies), but instead it contributes a little something something.
We’re pairing it with tropical flavors today. Pineapple, mango, orange, banana…so much yum! So whip this up today as you wind down from the week (then proceed with the aforementioned pizza and bourbon slush because, well, Friday).
More healthy smoothie recipes to try
- Wake Me Up Coffee Smoothie
- Orange Dreamsicle Smoothie
- Key Lime Pie Smoothie
- Strawberry Watermelon Rind Smoothie
- Pink Power Beet Smoothie
- How to Make Green Smoothies
- 1 cup watercress 30 g
- 1 cup orange juice 236 mL
- ½ cup chopped pineapple 110 g
- ½ cup chopped mango 110 g
- 1 banana chopped and frozen
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 5 mL
- Blend watercress and juice until smooth, then add the rest of the ingredients. Blend until smooth and serve.