Indulge in luxurious fruity flavors with this mango smoothie recipe. It’s like a cup of creamy golden flavor that’s ready to cool you down with each sip! Made with only 3 ingredients and ready in just minutes.
Name one fruit that feels as luxurious to eat as a mango. I’ll wait…
That’s what I thought. Something about mangos is just so delicious and satisfying at the same time. So, what better to do than blend a bunch and enjoy them smoothie-style?
This particular smoothie might just win the “Easiest Recipe on Live Eat Learn Ever” award. It only uses three ingredients and if you’re using pre-frozen mangos, it’s ready in less than a minute. Using fresh mangos will still be quick; you’ll just have to stick your fruit in the freezer for a bit!
So, ladies and jellybeans, if you find yourself with an intense sweet-and-cold craving and have a minute or two to spare, grab your mangoes, yogurt, and milk. Let’s get to mango smoothie makin’!
“This is the best mango smoothie I’ve ever tasted, and without banana, which is just what I was looking for. Thank you!” —Margaret
Tropical Mango Smoothie Ingredients
For this mango glass of tropical deliciousness, we’re keeping things as simple as possible with just three ingredients. You’ll need a mango, your favorite Greek yogurt, and some milk!
- Mango: For the mango portion of this recipe, you’ll need 1 cup of diced fruit, either fresh or frozen. Any mango variety will work well!
- Greek Yogurt: Greek yogurt will add thickness and protein to the smoothie. Go for ½ cup of either plain or vanilla.
- Milk: Finish it off with ½ cup of a liquid! I prefer milk here, but you could use orange juice, coconut water, or plant-based milk.
How to make a smoothie with mango
Any recipe that calls for just two steps is a winner in my book.
- Prep the ingredients: Peel and dice the mango, then set it on a plate and freeze for about 30 minutes. This will help it chill, which will contribute to the frosty consistency of the smoothie. Alternatively, you can use pre-frozen mango pieces (these are often more affordable).
- Blitz everything together: Blend all of the ingredients in a blender until everything is smooth and mixed together. Enjoy!
Go vegan with these swaps
If you’re interested in veganizing this smoothie, it’s easy! Instead of using dairy Greek yogurt, go for a dairy-free option instead. I love coconut yogurt here for the subtle tropical flavor it brings. In terms of the milk, you can substitute regular milk with your favorite dairy-free alternative, use orange juice, or even coconut water!
As with most smoothies, you can add flavors and ingredients to make this mango smoothie your own! I love replacing some of the frozen mango with frozen pineapple or strawberry. Or add honey and spices to make it a Mango Lassi. Or add a boost of nutrition with protein powder, chia seeds, or flax. The options are endless!
More delicious mango recipes
Can’t get enough of mangos? Me too! So I’ve created a bunch of different mango-based recipes to choose from. Enjoy a delicious refreshing salsa, cool down with popsicles, or enjoy some adult-approved mango margaritas!
- 1 cup diced mango frozen, 150 g
- ½ cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt 120 g
- ½ cup milk* 120 mL
- Prep: If starting with fresh mango, peel and dice the mango, then set on a plate and freeze for about 30 minutes to quickly chill it. Alternatively, use fully frozen mango pieces!
- Blend: Blitz all ingredients in a blender until smooth.