This healthy Key Lime Pie Smoothie recipe is creamy, tangy, and a delicious way to start your day (plus it’s a dead ringer for the classic dessert!)
At this point in my healthy smoothie obsession, any smoothie that doesn’t involve a vegetable feels like a treat (although green smoothies can be treats too, of course).
And if it’s a treat you’re looking for, this Key Lime Pie Smoothie is it! It has protein-packed Greek yogurt, sweet banana, fresh lime juice, and honey.
When that all comes together with a quick blitz in the blender, the result is a creamy and sweet lime smoothie that’s a dead ringer for Key Lime Pie!
“This smoothie is one of my new favorites – so tart and refreshing for these hot summer days!! I didn’t use vanilla extract, but I added a lot of spinach and ice to make it thick and the color was so vibrant! It looked as yummy as it tasted! Thanks for this amazing recipe 😍” —Shaylee
Ingredients for this Key Lime Pie Smoothie
- Banana: Freeze your banana slices ahead of time to make this lime smoothie cold and frosty.
- Yogurt: Plain Greek yogurt makes this smoothie rich and creamy. You could also throw in a dollop of cream cheese for a more decadent, cheesecake-y smoothie.
- Lime: You can use key lime juice or regular lime juice, but aim for fresh juice where possible.
- Sweetener: I love honey in this smoothie, but you could also use sugar, agave, or maple syrup.
- Vanilla: Finish it off with a dash of vanilla extract to bring that pie feeling!
Variations on this Key Lime Pie Smoothie
More Creamy: For an even creamier smoothie, replace 2 tablespoons of the yogurt with cream cheese.
Add Color: To give this key lime pie inspired smoothie more green color, add a few leaves of fresh spinach. The spinach flavor is undetectable and it makes this smoothie even more fun!
Make It Lemon: This recipe also works great with fresh lemon juice and zest!
Make Popsicles: In the mood for popsicles? Add a touch more honey then freeze the mixture into homemade popsicles!
Add Protein: Give it a boost of protein by adding cottage cheese.
More healthy smoothie recipes to try
Find our ultimate guide to making smoothies here, or check out our favorites below!
- Wake Me Up Coffee Smoothie
- Orange Dreamsicle Smoothie
- Strawberry Watermelon Rind Smoothie
- Pink Power Beet Smoothie
- How to Make Green Smoothies
- Nutella Green Smoothie
- 1 banana sliced and frozen
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt 130 g, or dairy-free alternative
- ¼ cup key or regular lime juice 60 mL
- 1 Tbsp honey 15 mL, or sweetener of choice
- ½ tsp finely grated lime zest
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract 1.2 mL
- Optional for texture: ice
- Optional for color: spinach
- Optional garnish: graham cracker crumbs, lime wedge
- Blend: Blend all ingredients until smooth, adding ice as needed to reach a consistency to your liking. If you want a slightly green smoothie, add a few leaves of fresh spinach.
- Serve: To garnish, rub lime juice around the rim of the glass, then roll it in crushed graham cracker crumbs. Pour in smoothie and serve immediately.