Here’s how to make perfectly crispy Brussels sprouts in the air fryer. All you need in 15 minutes! For this recipe, you can use fresh or frozen Brussels sprouts. The trick? Shake the air fryer pan halfway through cooking to evenly brown the sprouts. Air fried Brussel sprouts are a terrific vegetable dish dish for dinner, and tasty enough too for a Thanksgiving feast!
In case you missed the memo, you can do some pretty awesome things with your air fryer. Like make “fried” “chicken”. Or ridiculously crispy tofu. Or even pizza.
But you know what else your air fryer is good for? The everyday kinds of things. The quick dinner side dish when you forget to make one. The roasted veggies that don’t take an hour in the oven.
These air fryer Brussels sprouts fall into the latter category. We’re not breaking any new amazing ground here. We’re just making ridiculously delicious, crispy Brussels sprouts (in 15 minutes). Easy enough for weeknight dinners yet tasty enough for Thanksgiving feasts. Let’s cook!
How to prep Brussels sprouts
Choose Brussels sprouts that are free from blemishes. To prepare them, trim off the tough bottom core, then peel off any damaged or dirty leaves. Brussels sprouts generally aren’t very dirty, but you can rinse them under cold water. If your Brussels sprouts are large (over 1.5 inches), cut them in half lengthwise to make for easier eating!
How to air fry Brussels sprouts
To improve the flavor and crunch factor on these Brussels sprouts, drizzle them with a touch of oil (see recipe notes below for how to cook them with less oil).
Arrange Brussels sprouts in your air fryer basket or rack in as single of a layer as possible, cooking in batches if necessary. Keeping the sprouts in one layer will around the hot air to move around the Brussels sprouts, cooking them more evenly.
Brussels Sprout Seasoning Ideas
You can season these roasted Brussels sprouts with your favorite seasonings and toppings! Here are a few of our favorites:
- Garlic: About halfway through cooking, toss the Brussels sprouts with a few cloves of minced garlic.
- Balsamic: Drizzle balsamic reduction (a thickened balsamic vinegar) over the Brussels sprouts just before serving.
- Parmesan: Grated parmesan cheese is also delicious sprinkled over the cooked Brussels sprouts!
- No Oil: You can air fry these Brussels sprouts with no or less oil (though I do recommend using some oil for the flavor). To use less oil, spray the sprouts with oil to evenly coat while using less. To use no oil, simply omit it from the recipe.
Can you air fry frozen Brussels sprouts?
Yes! You can air fry virtually any frozen vegetable, and frozen air fry Brussels sprouts are no exception. To air fry frozen Brussels sprouts, simply space the sprouts out more in the air fryer to allow excess moisture to evaporate.
How long does it take to air fry frozen Brussels sprouts? About 15 minutes!
- ½ lb Brussels sprouts 2 to 3 cups, 226 g
- 1 Tbsp olive oil 15 mL
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Optional: garlic, balsamic reduction, parmesan cheese
- Prep: Remove the tough ends of the Brussels sprouts and remove any damaged outer leaves. Rinse under cold water and pat dry. If your sprouts are on the large side, cut them in half. Toss in oil, salt, and pepper.
- Cook: Arrange Brussels sprouts in a single layer in your air fryer, working in batches if they don't all fit. Cook at 375°F (190°C) for 8 to 12 minutes, shaking the pan halfway through cooking to evenly brown them. They are done when lightly browned and crispy on the edges.
- Serve: Serve sprouts warm, optionally topped with balsamic reduction and parmesan.
Tips & Tricks
Which air fryer is best?
Not sure which air fryer is best? Here are a few of our favorites (complete list of best air fryers here).
Best Basket Air Fryer
Best Selling Air Fryer
COSORI Air Fryer
Best Color Selection
GoWISE Air Fryer
Best Air Fryer Oven Combo
Breville Convection and Air Fry Smart Oven
More Air Fryer Recipes
Here are a few more air fryer recipes you'll love (find all of our vegetarian air fryer recipes here).
Buttermilk Fried Mushrooms
With air fried oyster mushrooms and a crunchy coating, this tastes just like fried chicken!
Air Fryer Pizza
Perfectly crispy, easy to make, personal pan pizzas that are about to revolutionize pizza night.
How to Cook Air Fryer Potatoes
How to make baked potatoes, homemade French fries, and potato chips in your air fryer, using both white potatoes and sweet potatoes.
All the flavor and crispiness of bacon and packs it into thinly sliced eggplant!
Crispy Air Fried Tofu
No cornstarch needed to make this deliciously crispy tofu recipe!
Leave a Comment