17 Vegetarian Summer Recipes
In honor of it being my favorite season, today I’m sharing a few of my favorite vegetarian summer recipes! These recipes involve less cooking (because it’s too hot for that) and use up that delicious seasonal produce!
Before we jump into the recipes, here are a few vegetables that are in season during the summer to inspire your cooking during these warmer months!
- Avocado: You can usually find avocados year round, though they’re in peak season from April to June.
- Corn: The epitome of summer, corn on the cob! These hit their peak from June to September.
- Cucumber: Another common veggie you’ll usually find year round, though their season is from May to August.
- Eggplant: Look for these at your farmer’s market between July and October.
- Mushrooms: The sheer variety of mushrooms means many are seasonally at their peak in the winter, but a few grow in the summer! Look for porcinis and chanterelles.
- Pepper: Peppers grow like wildfire in the summer, especially from July to September.
- Tomatoes: Anyone with a garden tomato plant knows that tomatoes love summer! They’re in season from May to September.
- Zucchini: As with tomatoes, proud zucchini plant owners can expect plenty of summer squash between June and August.
With melted sharp cheddar, the perfectly meaty texture, and best-ever Fancy Sauce, these panfried Portobello Mushroom Burgers are the vegetarian recipe that’ll have you craving mushrooms for dinner.
This savory Grilled Watermelon Salad is packed with feta cheese, mint, basil, and onion, and is bound to be the summer salad of your dreams.
This veggie-packed Vietnamese Spring Rolls recipe is a fresh and delicious Asian-inspired dinner that is served with the best almond coconut dipping sauce!
This healthy avocado mango salad is packed with delicious summer produce and drizzled with creamy yogurt dressing.
This Grilled Broccoli Salad is drizzled with a creamy honey mustard dressing and tossed together with feta cheese, cranberries, and slivered almonds. The perfect veggie side dish to compliment your BBQing this summer!
This Vegan Tuna Sushi Bowl has plant-based tuna made with tomatoes, and all the fixings of your favorite poke bowls (including the spicy mayo)!
This Fresh Tomato Soup recipe uses garden-ripe tomatoes and fresh ingredients (no cans or pastes here)! It’s such an easy homemade tomato soup that’s perfect for using up those those juicy summer tomatoes.
Grilling your greens makes for tender on the inside while charred on the outside salad that changes the pace of your usual grilling routine.
This spiralized zucchini pasta is tossed in creamy basil and avocado pesto to make a deliciously low carb and gluten-free dinner!
Zucchini noodles are cool and all, but have you tried asparagus noodles? Like bright green fettuccine, this asparagus pasta makes a delicious low carb dinner!
This easy Bean Salad recipe is famous in our house, and for good reason! Quick to make, packed with flavor, and perfect for bringing to potlucks!
If you’ve ever tried the refreshing yogurt and cucumber sauce known as tzatziki, you understand how lowkey epic it is. Well this Greek Cucumber Salad is proof that seemingly simple ingredients can be combined into refreshingly creamy and tangy deliciousness.
This Summer Vegetable Salad is a quick mix of tomato, cucumber, pepper, and feta (among a few other way summery, healthy flavors).
This vibrant bulgur salad is packed with whole grains, herbs, and juicy pomegranate seeds! Toss it together for a quick and refreshing side dish.
These vegetarian Southwest Spring Rolls are packed with fresh vegetables and dipped in a smoky chipotle sauce. You’ll forget how healthy they are as you devour the whole pile!
In need of a quick summer side dish recipe that’s filling and delicious? (I mean, how can you say no to that?) Today we’re whipping up a Chickpea Corn Salad that’s bursting with veggies and herbs, and tied together with a spiced Greek yogurt dressing.
This 7-Layer Summer Berry Salad Jar is a filling and flavorful meal to-go that will get you excited for lunchtime!