In honor of it being my favorite season, today I’m sharing a few of my favorite vegetarian summer recipes! These recipes involve less cooking (because it’s too hot for that) and use up that delicious seasonal produce!
Before we jump into the recipes, here are a few vegetables that are in season during the summer to inspire your cooking during these warmer months! Grab our full guide to summer vegetables here.
- Avocado: You can usually find avocados year round, though they’re in peak season from April to June.
- Corn: The epitome of summer, corn on the cob! These hit their peak from June to September.
- Cucumber: Another common veggie you’ll usually find year round, though their season is from May to August.
- Eggplant: Look for these at your farmer’s market between July and October.
- Mushrooms: The sheer variety of mushrooms means many are seasonally at their peak in the winter, but a few grow in the summer! Look for porcinis and chanterelles.
- Pepper: Peppers grow like wildfire in the summer, especially from July to September.
- Tomatoes: Anyone with a garden tomato plant knows that tomatoes love summer! They’re in season from May to September.
- Zucchini: As with tomatoes, proud zucchini plant owners can expect plenty of summer squash between June and August.