17 easy vegetarian breakfast ideas that aren’t eggs to inspire your mornings! Delicious 5-star vegetarian recipes to kickstart your day.
If the blog is a bit deficient in dinner recipes, it’s only because vegetarian breakfast recipes consume my thoughts at all times. For the breakfast people in the audience, you know what I’m talking about.
Like sometimes I get a little sad after breakfast because I know I have to wait a whole day until next breakfast (unless, of course, I can think of a good excuse to have breakfast for dinner) (I obvs have an arsenal of excuses at the ready).
So in the interest of filling your arsenal with easy breakfast ideas, I’ve rounded up a few of my favorite vegetarian breakfast ideas!
And because there are enough breakfast recipes centered around eggs out there, these recipes are all something other than eggs! While some do contain eggs, they are not the focus of the dish. Many are vegan and/or gluten-free, but they’re all easy and delicious. The best meal of the day starts now.
- 1 package firm tofu 16 oz, 450 g
- 1 tsp olive oil 5 mL
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast 20 g
- ¼ cup hummus 50 g
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp salt
- Pinch black pepper
- Prep: Wrap the tofu in a few layers of paper towels and gently squeeze out excess moisture.
- Cook: Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium/high. Use your hands to crumble the tofu into the pan (you can use your spatula to break up the bigger pieces as it cooks). Add remaining ingredients and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until water from tofu has evaporate and mixture is thick and fragrant.
- Serve: Taste and add more salt, pepper, or spices to suit your liking. Serve warm and enjoy!
I hope you got some inspiration from these vegetarian breakfast recipes! Tried one of them out or have a favorite not on this list? Let us know in the comment below!