This Hidden Cauliflower Strawberry Banana Smoothie has a serving of low-calorie veggies (without compromising on that classic strawberry banana flavor)!
One of my favorite smoothie combos is the timeless classic, strawberry banana. But without any added spinach or greens like my go-to green smoothies, it can feel like a little too much sugar in the morning without the nutrients to balance it out.
Which is why this smoothie has a healthy little secret (but the title gave that away, huh?) Cauliflower! Cauliflower is high in fiber and B vitamins while also being low calorie, meaning it adds healthy bulk to your smoothie to make you feel fuller for longer.
And just like spinach in smoothies, you can’t taste the cauliflower when it’s blended up with juicy strawberries and creamy banana! Its neutral flavor is masked by the fruit flavors, making this hidden veggies virtually undetectable 😎
Hidden Cauliflower Smoothie Ingredients
- Cauliflower: I like to freeze cauliflower when I have leftovers. It keeps so much longer and makes the smoothie icy cold (without needing ice).
- Strawberries: Use fresh or frozen, depending on the season!
- Banana: My go-to sweetener for most smoothies that also adds naturally vegan creaminess. If you don’t like banana you can substitute 1/4 cup of coconut milk or Greek yogurt.
- Milk: You can use cow’s or your favorite plant-based, using just enough to get your smoothie moving (it may be more or less depending on if you’re using fresh or frozen cauliflower and fruit).
- 1 cup cauliflower florets*
- 1 cup quartered strawberries*
- 1 banana*
- 1 cup milk plant-based or cow’s
- Optional: honey to sweeten
- Blend all ingredients until smooth, adding more milk as needed if using more than 1 frozen ingredient. Optionally sweeten with honey, to taste.
Leave a Comment