Pineapple Spinach Smoothie Bowls
These Pineapple Spinach Smoothie Bowls are a tropically delicious and healthy breakfast to kickstart your day (and with just THREE ingredients!)
Guys, I’ve gone real sciencey this week. I’m talking lab coats and pipettes and solutions of mysterious liquids with names I couldn’t hope to pronounce, like 1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl. This is actually the liquid I’m actively avoiding by writing this post about spinach smoothie bowls, because smoothie bowls are far less intimidating than trying to figure out how the heck this impossible-to-pronounce liquid is supposed to measure antioxidant content of orange juice. Why did I sign up for this master’s degree again? Just kidding, I spend my days studying orange juice so it’s not all that bad.
Anyways, Pineapple Spinach Smoothie Bowls. They’re the laid-back sister of green smoothies. The sister who likes to take it easy, sit down for breakfast, and let their creativity shine in the form of beautifully-arranged, insta-worthy toppings. This recipe has only three ingredients and a full serving of veggies, making it deliciously healthfully simple (unlike that pain in the ass, 1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl). Enjoy!
Pineapple Spinach Smoothie Bowl
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple chunks 340 g
- 2 cups fresh spinach 60 g
- 1 banana chopped and frozen
- Optional: 1 Tbsp chia seeds makes it thicker and more nutritious
- Toppings: banana, shaved coconut, pineapple chunks, nuts, seeds, various fruits
- Combine all ingredients (and optionally chia seeds) in a blender until smooth. It should be a bit thicker than a smoothie you would drink. Taste and add a bit of sweetener (honey or sugar) if needed to suit your taste.
- Top to your liking with whatever you have on hand and serve.
Helpful products for Spinach Smoothie Bowls
I first published this recipe on Amanda’s Cookin’, where I’m a contributor. This post contains affiliate links, which means if you buy something from that link I may earn a commission, at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting Live Eat Learn and for making recipes like these Pineapple Spinach Smoothie Bowls possible!