These Pineapple Spinach Smoothie Bowls are a tropically delicious and healthy breakfast to kickstart your day (and with just THREE ingredients!)
Guys, I’ve gone real sciencey this week. I’m talking lab coats and pipettes and solutions of mysterious liquids with names I couldn’t hope to pronounce, like 1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl. This is actually the liquid I’m actively avoiding by writing this post about spinach smoothie bowls, because smoothie bowls are far less intimidating than trying to figure out how the heck this impossible-to-pronounce liquid is supposed to measure antioxidant content of orange juice.
Why did I sign up for this master’s degree again? Just kidding, I spend my days studying orange juice so it’s not all that bad.
Anyways, Pineapple Spinach Smoothie Bowls. They’re the laid-back sister of green smoothies. The sister who likes to take it easy, sit down for breakfast, and let their creativity shine in the form of beautifully-arranged, insta-worthy toppings.
This recipe has only three ingredients and a full serving of veggies, making it deliciously healthfully simple (unlike that pain in the ass, 1-diphenyl-2-picrylhydrazyl). Enjoy!
More healthy smoothie recipes to try
- Wake Me Up Coffee Smoothie
- Orange Dreamsicle Smoothie
- Key Lime Pie Smoothie
- Strawberry Watermelon Rind Smoothie
- Pink Power Beet Smoothie
- How to Make Green Smoothies
- 1 ½ cups pineapple chunks 340 g
- 2 cups fresh spinach 60 g
- 1 banana chopped and frozen
- Optional: 1 Tbsp chia seeds makes it thicker and more nutritious
- Toppings: banana, shaved coconut, pineapple chunks, nuts, seeds, various fruits
- Combine all ingredients (and optionally chia seeds) in a blender until smooth. It should be a bit thicker than a smoothie you would drink. Taste and add a bit of sweetener (honey or sugar) if needed to suit your taste.
- Top to your liking with whatever you have on hand and serve.
I first published this recipe on Amanda’s Cookin’.