This Tofu Mocha Frappuccino recipe is a delicious combination of silken tofu, cocoa, and coffee! The perfect plant-based boost to keep you energized all day.
I’m starting to regret only allotting two weeks for our tofu spotlight. Because there is SO MUCH you can do with tofu! We made “scrambled eggs” and chocolate pie and we’re keeping the tofu train rolling with a high protein frappuccino!
This sneakily healthy mocha frappuccino made its debut years ago when I first started the blog, but it was in dire need of some new photos (and I was in dire need of a good excuse to make it again) (but I mean, do we ever really need an excuse to blend together coffee and cocoa and drink it for breakfast? answer, no).
Tofu Mocha Frappuccino Ingredients
- Silken Tofu: Silken tofu gives the smoothest texture (as opposed to firm) and packs in a punch of protein!
- Strong Chilled Coffee: I like to brew this the night before and throw it in the fridge to chill overnight. Aim for strong brewed coffee for maximum tastiness.
- Sweetener: I love a spoonful of brown sugar here, but you could also use honey, maple, or stevia.
- Cocoa Powder: Unsweetened cocoa powder brings that decadent chocolate flavor (without the calories).
- Vanilla Extract: Just a dash will give this coffee smoothie major flavor.
- Ice: Finish it off with a handful of ice to make this frappuccino frosty cold.
Tofu might sound a little scary to blend into a smoothie, but I promise it’s delicious! The neutral tofu blends right in to the cocoa and coffee flavor, making for a silky smooth frappuccino that’s actually pretty healthy. Blend this up as a pre-workout coffee smoothie or an everyday kind of breakfast!
More healthy smoothie recipes to try:
- Wake Me Up Coffee Smoothie
- Orange Dreamsicle Smoothie
- Key Lime Pie Smoothie
- Strawberry Watermelon Rind Smoothie
- Pink Power Beet Smoothie
- How to Make Green Smoothies
- 1 cup strong coffee chilled
- 1 ½ cups ice
- 1 cup silken tofu 250 g
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar or sugar-free sweetener
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Make Coffee: To make strong brewed coffee, use 2x more coffee per water ratio than you usually would. Chill in fridge prior to making frappuccino.
- Blend: Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth, adding more ice to reach the consistency of your liking.