17 Vegetarian Fall Recipes
Tis the season for fluffy socks, crisp leaves, and cozy food! And since autumn is all about delicious food, today I’m sharing a few of our favorite vegetarian fall recipes!
Fall Fruits and Vegetables
Before we jump into the autumn recipes, let’s take a quick glance at the fruits and veggies that are in season in the fall!
- Apples: While you can obviously get these year round, apples are at their peak in the fall.
- Beets: Look for fresh beets at your farmer’s market well into the fall.
- Brussels Sprouts: Keep these miniature cabbages in your dinner rotation all fall and winter long (they’ll keep in the fridge for about a week).
- Butternut Squash: Safe to say all orange vegetables hit their stride in the fall, butternut squash and pumpkin included!
- Carrots: These are available year round, but the flavor of carrots is perfect with the cozy fall flavors.
- Cauliflower: Look for cauliflower with compact white curds and store it in the fridge for up to a week. Great roasted or in soups!
- Pears: All the different varieties of pears make them perfect for eating at every meal! Bake them into sweets or slice them into salads.
- Pomegranate: Pick a pomegranate that’s heavy for its size (pro tip: work the seeds out of the pomegranate while you have it submerged in a bowl of water – less mess!)
- Pumpkin: Whether you’re roasting the seeds or making your own pumpkin puree, pumpkin is the squash of the season.
- Sweet Potato: We’d be remiss without autumn’s favorite potato, the sweet potato!
This Easy Chickpea Pot Pie is packed with a creamy vegetable filling and wrapped in a buttery crust (and best of all, you just need one pan to make it)!
This vibrant bulgur salad is packed with whole grains, herbs, and juicy pomegranate seeds! Toss it together for a quick and refreshing side dish.
This Slow Cooker Vegan Butternut Squash Soup is a hands-off and delicious soup for cold fall or winter days (bonus: it makes your house smell amazing!)
This Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Crumble and Meringue is the ultimate Thanksgiving side dish. Crunchy pecan crumble, fluffy toasted meringue, and creamy sweet potato!
This Gorgonzola Pear Pizza is loaded with autumn flavor…caramelized onions, thyme, brie, the works!
This simple fall salad packs in the tastiest ingredients of the season and is drizzled with a creamy pomegranate balsamic vinaigrette!
This Savory Apple Tart is an easy, flavorful dish with potatoes, beets, and apples on top of creamy whipped feta in a flaky phyllo crust. It’s sweet, it’s savory, and it’s calling your name.
Need a vegetarian dinner idea that breaks from the routine while sticking to the classic favorite flavors? This Stuffed Eggplant Parmesan recipe takes all that’s great about eggplant parm and stuffs it in the eggplant skin, meaning less mess and easy serving!
Spicy, savory flavor all wrapped up in warm flatbreads is the name of the game with these Roasted Butternut Chickpea Hummus Wraps! Quick weeknight dinners never tasted so good.
This Quinoa Vegetable Soup is a bone-warming brothy soup that has the flavors of chicken noodle soup with the healthy-ness of vegetable soup (and it whips up in under 30 minutes!)
This spiralized bowl of butternut squash pasta is creamy, cheesy, and so mouth-watering! With a gorgonzola cream sauce, dried cranberries, and toasted pine nuts, this is a simple yet dreamy bowl of noodles that you’ll be making all winter!
This Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad recipe is a chop it and toss it kind of dish, with sliced apples, dried cranberries, riced cauliflower, and shaved fresh Brussels sprouts.
Looking for a bone-warming fall breakfast recipes that’s as easy as it is tasty? These Crockpot Steel Cut Oats with Butternut Squash is your answer, filling your house with the warm aroma of autumn and cooking into creamy perfection while you sleep!
These roasted Brussels sprouts with balsamic and garlic are tossed together with grapes and feta cheese, making each bite an explosion of flavor!
When the mac and cheese cravings hit, this lightened up Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese recipe will do the trick (and it’s ready on the stove in under 30 minutes!)
This Easy Slow Cooker Cauliflower Soup has a handful of ingredients and requires almost no prep time (plus, it’s vegan!)