Tis the season for fluffy socks, crisp leaves, and cozy food! And since autumn is all about delicious food, today I’m sharing a few of our favorite vegetarian fall recipes!
Fall Fruits and Vegetables
Before we jump into the autumn recipes, let’s take a quick glance at the fruits and veggies that are in season in the fall!
- Apples: While you can obviously get these year round, apples are at their peak in the fall.
- Beets: Look for fresh beets at your farmer’s market well into the fall.
- Brussels Sprouts: Keep these miniature cabbages in your dinner rotation all fall and winter long (they’ll keep in the fridge for about a week).
- Butternut Squash: Safe to say all orange vegetables hit their stride in the fall, butternut squash and pumpkin included!
- Carrots: These are available year round, but the flavor of carrots is perfect with the cozy fall flavors.
- Cauliflower: Look for cauliflower with compact white curds and store it in the fridge for up to a week. Great roasted or in soups!
- Pears: All the different varieties of pears make them perfect for eating at every meal! Bake them into sweets or slice them into salads.
- Pomegranate: Pick a pomegranate that’s heavy for its size (pro tip: work the seeds out of the pomegranate while you have it submerged in a bowl of water – less mess!)
- Pumpkin: Whether you’re roasting the seeds or making your own pumpkin puree, pumpkin is the squash of the season.
- Sweet Potato: We’d be remiss without autumn’s favorite potato, the sweet potato!