Banana Nice Cream Milkshakes (3 Ways!)
You know how you can make “ice cream” out of frozen bananas? Well you can make even better milkshakes out of them! Today we’re making Banana Nice Cream Milkshakes in three tasty flavors: strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate!
So it’s my birthday today! I’m turning a whopping 25 years (i.e. a quarter of a century) old, and am therefore giving a hard “no” to acting my age and will thus be celebrating with milkshakes.
Because isn’t that what adulthood is all about? Getting to drink milkshakes whenever you want and watch a whole season of Homeland in a day without feeling bad about it? Right? Yes? *please say yes*
The Dutch do birthdays a bit differently than in America. Rather than being showered in sweets and cakes from friends and family, in Holland you’re expected to bring your own cake. On the tulip-man’s birthday, he looked like a complete cake junkie, running to the bakery twice on his special day to appease his coworkers and family. I intend on celebrating in Dutch-American fusion style, i.e. by bringing big, gooey, American brownies!
And what about these milkshakes, you ask? Well what’s an adult-aged birthday if not for multiple indulgences? (Though these nice cream milkshakes are only a borderline indulgence.)
With a frozen banana base and no refined sugar, these Nice Cream Milkshakes are an ultra-healthy way to satisfy your milkshake craving, without all the unnecessary fat and calories!
Try out these Nice Cream Sundaes!
Banana Nice Cream Milkshakes: 3 Ways!
- 2 bananas frozen
- 1 Tbsp honey or sugar
Flavor (choose one)
- Vanilla: ½ cup milk* + 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Chocolate: ½ cup milk + 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- Strawberry: 1 cup milk + 1 cup frozen strawberries
- Whipped cream
- Maraschino cherries
- Make base by pureeing bananas and sweetener until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed to get a really smooth and creamy mixture.
- Add the ingredients listed next to the flavor you’d like and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses, optionally top with whipped cream and cherries, and serve immediately.
I first published this recipe on Amanda’s Cookin’.
Hi, I’m Sarah!
Showing you how to make easy vegetarian recipes, one ingredient at a time. Read more