A quick and creamy Orange Dreamsicle Smoothie recipe to kick off your day with a boost of Vitamin C and happiness (and with just 5 easy ingredients!)
I used to be really affected by the weather. Rainy days would = less than joyous days. But then I moved to Holland where it’s
almost always rainy, and I quickly realized I couldn’t let myself succumb to the rainy day blues.
And I think that’s the root of my obsession with smoothies. If you can have sunshine in a cup, what matter does the weather make any who? Enter the Orange Dreamsicle Smoothie.
This sunny orange smoothie is creamy, dreamy, and packed with protein + Vitamin C. It makes rainy days feel sunny and winter days feel like summer (speaking of summer, you have to try these Orange Creamsicle Popsicles!)
Ingredients in this creamy orange smoothie recipe
- Oranges: We’ll use sweet mandarine oranges, but you could also use regular oranges!
- Banana: Use frozen banana to make this creamsicle smoothie even more frosty.
- Greek Yogurt: Adds a punch of protein while making this smoothie nice and creamy.
- Coconut Water: Orange and coconut are a match made in heave, and coconut water is a low calorie way to get some delicious coconut flavor in there.
- Vanilla: Just a dash of vanilla extract takes this dreamy smoothie to the next level.
- 4 mandarin oranges peeled
- 1 banana sliced and frozen, if possible
- ½ cup nonfat Greek yogurt 142 g, or non-dairy alternative
- ¼ cup coconut water 60 mL
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 5 mL
- 5 ice cubes
- Blend all ingredients well, adding more ice as necessary to reach a consistency of your liking.