A quick and creamy orange smoothie recipe to kick off your day with a boost of Vitamin C and happiness (and with just 5 easy ingredients!)
I used to be really affected by the weather. Rainy days would = less than joyous days. But then I moved to Holland where it was
almost always rainy, and I quickly realized I couldn’t let myself succumb to the rainy day blues.
And I think that’s the root of my obsession with smoothies. If you can have sunshine in a cup, what matter does the weather make? Enter this Creamy Orange Smoothie.
This sunny orange smoothie is creamy, dreamy, and packed with protein + Vitamin C. It makes rainy days feel sunny and winter days feel like summer (speaking of summer, you have to try these Orange Creamsicle Popsicles!)
Orange Smoothie Ingredients
You’ll just need a handful of ingredients to create this dreamy orange smoothie.
- Oranges: We’ll use 2 oranges, but you could also use 4 mandarin oranges (or whatever type of orange you have on hand)! I like to grate a bit of the orange zest off and add that to the smoothie as well – it amplifies the orange flavor even more!)
- Banana: Use frozen banana to make this creamsicle smoothie frosty and sweet.
- Greek Yogurt: Adds a punch of protein while making this smoothie nice and creamy.
- Vanilla: Just a dash of vanilla extract takes this dreamy smoothie to the next level.
How To Make An Orange Smoothie
Making this smoothie takes just one step – blend! I have a Vitamix blender that I love, but any blender should be able to handle this smoothie.
- 2 medium oranges + 1 tsp zest peeled
- 1 banana previously sliced and frozen, if possible
- ½ cup nonfat Greek yogurt 142 g, or non-dairy alternative
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 5 mL
- Blend all ingredients well, adding ice as necessary to reach a frosty consistency of your liking.