Crispy Chickpea Bowls with Carrot Ginger Dressing
Looking for a vegetarian meal prep recipe that’s high in protein and so tasty that you’re actually excited for lunch time? I’ve got you covered. (This post was sponsored by iHerb. Thoughts and opinions, as always, are my own.)
So it’s happened. The tulip-man and I have become the kind of people who order groceries online. But when you’re pulling days that start before the sun comes up and end well after dinnertime, it feels like Christmas to have all of your groceries waiting for you on your doorstep when you get home. Like, all of the groceries. There’s a little start-up here in Holland that’s been delivering all of our fresh foods (you know, spinach for smoothies, cheese…the necessities). And for the rest? I turn to iHerb.
iHerb is an awesome online grocery that carries 5,000 grocery products that can be shipped to 160 countries. As an American living in Europe, my homesickness manifests in the form of craving my traditional American foods. But since I discovered iHerb, that problem is solved! They carry a huge variety of foods and cooking supplies that make healthy eating (especially on a busy schedule) possible.
Case in point, these vegetarian meal prep lunches! These are easy to throw together and put lunch on the table for the week. They’re loaded with spiced crispy roasted chickpeas, nutty wild rice, fresh veggies, and an absolutely so tasty carrot and ginger dressing (seriously, so tasty guys). They actually make you excited for lunch time (meaning you’re way less apt to go for the fast food that leaves you tired and bleh by 3 pm).
And the most exciting part? You can also have these Thinksport containers (in pink, white, blue and orange) delivered with your groceries from iHerb! These things have separate, non-leak compartments for holding all the tasty elements of these meal prep lunches. And they come in lots of colors (you know how I love colors). Customers will get $5 off their first iHerb order of $20 or more.
Meal prepping! Colorful lunch boxes! Coupons! So much to be excited for.
Roasted Chickpea Bowls w/ Carrot Ginger Dressing
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice 200 g
- 3 cups Bob's Red Mill Chickpeas 2 14-oz cans or soaked and boiled
- 2 Tbsp California Olive Ranch EVOO 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp McCormick Gourmet Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Simply Organic Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Simply Organic Cayenne Pepper
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved, 150 g
- 2 cups spinach 60 g
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Rice: Cook rice according to the instructions on the package, about 40 minutes.
- Chickpeas: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 C). Drain and pat dry chickpeas with paper towels. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss to combine chickpeas, oil, paprika, pepper, salt, and cayenne. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until lightly crisped.
- Dressing: Combine all carrot ginger dressing ingredients in a blender until smooth. You may need to add a touch of water to make the sauce smoother, depending on your blender.
- Assemble: To assemble, set out 4 to 5 storage containers. Evenly spoon in a bit of rice, chickpeas, avocado, tomatoes, spinach, and almonds. Drizzle dressing over the rice, or store in separate small containers for maximum freshness.
Thanks again to iHerb for sponsoring this post, and thanks to YOU for dropping by and making easy vegetarian recipes like these vegetarian meal prep lunches possible. Have a happy day!
Hi, I’m Sarah!
Showing you how to make easy vegetarian recipes, one ingredient at a time. Read more