Plant-based meal prep doesn’t have to be boring or bland! Here are 13 of our favorite vegetarian meal prep recipes for making ahead for lunch or dinner.
Planning and prepping meals in advance is an incredibly efficient and budget-friendly way of eating (plus, it ensure you get a delicious, healthy meal on the table).
The concept is simple: make 4 to 7 meals ahead of time, so when you need to eat you can simply grab a premade meal and enjoy. While we love it for vegetarian lunch, meal prep is also easy for vegetarian dinner and even plant-based breakfast.
But with so many meal prep ideas relying on meat, we wanted to create resource for vegetarians and vegans who also want to get into meal prepping.
Here are our favorite tried and true vegetarian meal prep recipes. You’ll find within each recipe specifics on how to best store and reheat the meals, along with printables for making your meal planning even easier.
- Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Pesto
- 1 14-oz block firm tofu 400 g
- 2 Tbsp olive oil divided, 30 mL
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce 30 mL
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice 15 mL
- Zoodles: Prepare the Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Pesto (10-15 minutes hands-on work, 5 minutes cooking). Do not combine the zoodles and avocado pesto until right before serving!
- Tofu: Pat dry tofu with paper towels. Cut into bite-size blocks. In a small bowl, combine 1 Tbsp oil, soy, and garlic. Heat remaining 1 Tbsp oil in a large saute pan over medium/high. Add tofu and cook until all sides are golden brown. Add soy mixture and cook until liquid has evaporated.
- Assemble: Portion zoodles, avocado pesto, tofu, and cherry tomatoes into meal prep containers. Drizzle lemon juice over avocado pesto to prevent browning.
- Serve: When ready to eat, heat zoodles until warm in the microwave (2-3 minutes) or stovetop (3-5 minutes). Mix with avocado pesto and top with tofu and tomatoes.
Our favorite meal prep containers
While most of the meal prep you’ll find here is stored in the Thinksport Containers, we also love using glass and reusable plastic. Here are a few we recommend.