Passion fruit is the ultimate summer fruit and this Passion Fruit Smoothie will be your ultimate summer drink! With flavors of mango and orange to compliment the passion fruit, you will feel like you are on a tropical island every time you take a sip!
Passion fruit is some what of an elusive fruit. It has all these huge seeds, is kind of a liquid when cut open, and has the most wonderful sweet, yet tart flavor! But rest assured, its delicious and if you can buy it – buy it!
While traveling Thailand, I became enamored with these healthy tropical fruits and the vendors that would sell smoothies made with tons of other fresh, bright, flavorful ingredients. So, I set out to make one of these passion fruit smoothies at home.
This smoothie I came up with is now a part of my morning routine because not only is it delicious, it is packed with antioxidants, and literally only requires four ingredients! So let’s get blending!
Ingredients for A Passion Fruit Smoothie
This smoothie uses four basic ingredients to create a creamy texture, sweet flavor, and refreshing taste!
- Passion Fruit Puree: This used to be kind of hard to find, but now many retailers, like Target and Whole Foods, carry frozen passion fruit cubes that would work great for this smoothie (or you can make your own passion fruit puree). You could also simply use frozen passion fruit that you make yourself!
- Mango: Feel free to use fresh or frozen. Frozen mango is great for adding creaminess and body to a smoothie without adding cream.
- Pineapple: Again, fresh or frozen is fine! You may be able to find a frozen fruit pack that has mango and pineapple together!
- Orange Juice: I use 100% pure orange juice and recommend not using a juice with added sweetness. With all the fruit in this smoothie, it will be plenty sweet! Almost as sweet as the person drinking it!
Often times, ice cream or a dairy ingredient is added to smoothies for a creamy and luxurious texture. But, since mangoes have such a fluffy and creamy texture naturally, when they are frozen and added to smoothies, they have the same thickening effect as ice cream but are a bit healthier!
How to make this Smoothie
When I say this recipe is simple, I am not kidding. Just add everything for this easy passion fruit smoothie to a blender and blend!
Step 1: Blend
Blitz all ingredients in a blender until smooth. It doesn’t matter if it’s frozen or fresh fruit, just toss it in and blend!
If you want to save this for later, simply keep the smoothie in the blender (if possible) and then store in the fridge. When ready to enjoy, just blend again. It will keep for 2 days in the fridge. It will lose their thick, frosty texture in storage, which can be fixed by blending in a handful of ice before serving!
Some people have also asked if they can add milk to a passion fruit smoothie. Yes! That would make a great passion fruit milkshake!
More great Smoothie ideas
You loved this one so much you needed more (I know how that goes!). We have so many great smoothie options to recommend, here are just a few.
- Strawberry Watermelon Smoothie is summer in a cup with two essential summer fruits!
- Mango Smoothie is so creamy, so luxurious, and another awesome tropical smoothie option!
- Pineapple Smoothie is bright, tart, and like having a Hawaiian Smoothie at home!
- Apple Kale Smoothie is a great way to get extra greens and not even know it!
- 1 cup passion fruit puree fresh or frozen, 200 g
- 1 cup mango fresh or frozen, 200 g
- 1 cup pineapple fresh or frozen, 200 g
- 1 cup orange juice 236 mL
- Blend: Blitz all ingredients in a blender until smooth.