Tropical Green Cucumber Smoothie
This Tropical Green Cucumber Smoothie is a refreshing, energizing green smoothie that’s packed with tropical fruits and antioxidants to kick off your day!
Some of my favorite featured ingredients have been the totally unexpected. Tomatoes, watermelon, and now cucumber…all ingredients I wasn’t all that fond of that I got a new perspective on after forcing myself to cook with them each for two straight weeks (is this how adulting works?)
And one of the baby steps I’ve found for working the less than desirable foods into my diet? Smoothies! You all know I love smoothies, and it’s been a while since we had one here.
So today we’re blending cucumber into a tropical smoothie of sorts! This recipe goes back to the beginnings of the blog, but we’re revisiting it today to revamp the photos and make some tastier adjustments to the recipe. Enjoy!
More healthy smoothie recipes to try:
- Wake Me Up Coffee Smoothie
- Orange Dreamsicle Smoothie
- Key Lime Pie Smoothie
- Strawberry Watermelon Rind Smoothie
- Pink Power Beet Smoothie
- How to Make Green Smoothies
Tropical Green Smoothie
- ¼ of a pineapple peeled, cored, and diced
- ½ of a papaya peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 banana frozen
- ½ of a cucumber seeded
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- Blend everything together until smooth (for smoothest results, blend the spinach and milk until smooth, then add everything else and continue blending).
- Remove cucumber seeds by cutting the cucumber in half lengthwise and scraping out the core with a spoon.
- Leave the peel on the cucumber for added insoluble fiber and vitamin K!
- Peel banana prior to freezing. I typically throw all of my soon-to-go-bad bananas in the freezer for smoothies and to make banana bread.