Step aside frozen pizza, there’s a new guy in town. We’re talking about the Air Fryer Pizza! Perfectly crispy, easy to make, personal pan pizzas that are about to revolutionize pizza night.
We’ve established that you can cook a whole lot in the air fryer. Like vegetables and French fries and even Buttermilk Fried “Chicken”. But as a lover of all things pizza, I’m amazed that it took me this long to try throwing one in the air fryer.
But being that is is pizza week here on the blog, I decided to give it a shot. And all I can say is…air frying pizza is a game changer. Not only does the pizza cook more quickly, but you get that perfectly crispy bottom crust that can be difficult to achieve in a traditional oven.
(Curious about which air fryer is right for you? We rounded up the best air fryers here.)
Love Air Frying? Here’s how to air fry any veggie!
How to Cook Pizza in an Air Fryer
The general process for cooking a homemade pizza in an air fryer goes something like this:
- Assemble pizza in the air fryer. Given how most air fryers are structured, it would be too difficult to make a pizza then transfer it into the air frying basket. Instead, roll out your pizza dough then transfer it into the air fryer, where you can add the toppings. (If your air fryer is shaped with a front-opening door, like a mini oven, you may be able to assemble the pizza outside of the air fryer.)
- Cook at 375 degrees F for about 7 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and cheese has melted.
- Eat after letting the pizza cool (it’ll be piping hot!)
Our favorite homemade pizza recipes
I love a simple tomato sauce + buffalo mozzarella combo on these air fryer pizzas, but here are a few more pizza toppings that you might like!
- Easy Seitan Pepperoni
- Asparagus Pizza with Burrata and Arugula
- Autumn Pear Pizza
- Beet Pesto Pizza with Goat Cheese and Kale
- Beer Caramelized Onion and Brussels Sprout Pizza
- Goat Cheese and Mushroom White Sauce Pizza
- Three Cheese Roasted Grape Pizza
I used a Philips Air Fryer (affiliate link) to make these air fryer pizzas and absolutely love it, though any air fryer should do the job!
- Buffalo mozzarella
- Pizza dough 1 12-inch dough will make 2 personal sized pizzas
- Olive oil
- Tomato sauce
- Optional toppings to finish: fresh basil, parmesan cheese, pepper flakes
- Prep: Preheat air fryer to 375°F (190°C). Spray air fryer basket well with oil. Pat mozzarella dry with paper towels (to prevent a soggy pizza).
- Assemble: Roll out pizza dough to the size of your air fryer basket. Carefully transfer it to the air fryer, then brush lightly with a teaspoon or so of olive oil. Spoon on a light layer of tomato sauce and sprinkle with chunks of buffalo mozzarella.
- Bake: For about 7 minutes until crust is crispy and cheese has melted. Optionally top with basil, grated parmesan, and pepper flakes just before serving.