Sneak in your greens with a delicious and refreshing Apple Kale Smoothie. This tasty, icy drink is made with just an apple, some kale, a banana, and orange juice!
Nothing beats a refreshing and icy smoothie, especially when it sneaks in a serving of greens. It’s like a win-win: you get to enjoy a tasty drink, and your body gets to soak up all of those nice nutrients!
This smoothie uses only four ingredients to achieve a fruity flavor: 1 apple, 1 cup of orange juice, 1 cup of kale, and a banana. It’s perfect for starting your day with some healthy vitamins, but it’s also a great mid-afternoon snack or post-outdoors cool down treat!
You’re gonna want to add it to your go-to smoothie recipe list like, right now.
Ingredients in this apple and kale smoothie
We’re keeping the ingredients easy-peasy in this smoothie. Keep reading for some variations you may enjoy!
- Kale: First, start with 1 cup of chopped kale. Chopping it up first helps prevent any larger pieces from sneaking into the smoothie!
- Apple: Next, use 1 whole apple (but remove the core). You can use any variety.
- Banana: 1 previously sliced and frozen banana adds a thick iciness that makes this smoothie cool and refreshing.
- Orange Juice: Finally, 1 cup of orange juice helps the ingredients blend up well while also contributing a delicious tangy taste!
How to make an apple kale smoothie
This smoothie keeps things simple — just add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth! Enjoy immediately while cold for that refreshing flavor.
If you don’t have a pre-frozen banana, that’s a-okay! Simply add a handful of ice cubes in order to get that nice frosty consistency.
Switch it up a bit
I know the story: You find the perfect recipe to make, only to check your fridge and realize you’re missing just one key ingredient! The pain.
I like to include easy recipe variations just incase you find yourself in that situation! This smoothie has a few options:
- Kale: Not a leaf of kale in sight? You can use spinach or even collard greens!
- Apple: If you don’t have an apple, turn it into a tropical smoothie with some mango or pineapple.
- Banana: Mangos can also work to sub the banana as they have a similarly thick consistency.
- Orange Juice: Finally, OJ can be subbed with essentially any fruit juice, like apple or pineapple!
More ways to enjoy your greens
Craving some more green-rich smoothies? Here are four more options that pack in the delicious flavor and keep the greens totally undetected.
- 1 cup chopped kale about a handful
- 1 apple any variety
- 1 banana previously sliced and frozen
- 1 cup orange juice 236 mL
- Blitz all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Serve immediately.
Leave a Comment