Tis the season for pumpkin spiced everything! This Healthy Pumpkin Smoothie is packed with all the autumn flavors and coffee (yes, COFFEE!) to get you going in the morning.
There should be a cardinal rule of fall that goes something like “thou shalt not be ashamed of consuming pumpkin spice-flavored everything”. Because there is only one short time per year where it’s appetizing to pumpkin spice-itize your coffee / cocoa / cupcakes / toothpaste / everything, and we should do so unashamed.
So today I’m coming at you with a Healthy Pumpkin Smoothie that has all the flavors of your favorite fall latte, in smoothie form!
How to make this pumpkin smoothie
Pumpkin puree is the foundation of this smoothie. Be sure to go for pure pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie puree, which has a whole lot of added sugar and flavorings.
Then we have the coffee, a welcomed addition for those sleepy fall mornings.
Frozen banana adds natural sweetness and frostiness, and the pumpkin pie spices and maple syrup transform it into a true pumpkin spice smoothie.
More healthy smoothie recipes to try:
- Wake Me Up Coffee Smoothie
- Orange Dreamsicle Smoothie
- Key Lime Pie Smoothie
- Strawberry Watermelon Rind Smoothie
- Pink Power Beet Smoothie
- How to Make Green Smoothies
- ½ cup pumpkin puree 120 g
- ½ cup milk 120 mL, or dairy-free alternative
- ½ cup coffee 120 mL
- 1 banana previously chopped and frozen
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup 30 mL
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch ground cloves
- Blend all ingredients until smooth. For best results, use frozen banana (otherwise add ½ cup of ice).