Dive into tropical vibes with this ridiculously easy Pineapple Smoothie recipe. Made with only two main ingredients, you can customize this fruity beverage to your liking with yogurt, mangos, or lime juice!
I don’t know if it’s because they scream tropical or the fact that they’re straight up addicting, but pineapples are top of list for my favorite foods. Like, I’ll happily eat them past the point of my mouth hurting (know the feeling?)
So in case you need another reason or way to enjoy pineapple…make a smoothie! They’re tangy, fruity, and perfect for enjoying mid-afternoon. Plus, how can you not be happy when you’re sipping on something so bright yellow and sunshiney?
It’s made with as little as two ingredients (pineapples and coconut water) and literally only requires a blender. Easiest smoothie ever? Probably. Let’s blend!
“Delicious and VERY refreshing on a hot 94 degree day!!” —Linda
Ingredients in this dreamy pineapple smoothie
Pineapple smoothie is the name, and keeping the ingredients short and sweet is the game. This recipe can have as little as just two ingredients depending on how you want to make it!
- Pineapple: To get this recipe started, we’re kicking things off with 2 cups of chunked pineapple. Fresh or canned both work well here!
- Ice: Next up, give your smoothie that perfect frosted consistency with 2 cups of ice. (Alternatively, to avoid using ice and risking a melted, watered down smoothie, just freeze the pineapple! Let the pineapple chill in the freezer for at least 30 minutes before blending. Then, skip the ice!)
- Coconut Water: Smoothies require a bit of liquid, so throw in ½ cup of coconut water! You can also use milk or coconut milk.
- Optional: Finally, customize your smoothie with yogurt, mango, or even lime juice.
How to make smoothies with pineapple
Are you ready for the simplest list of recipe directions ever? I say list, but this how-to is more so a one-step-and-go kinda deal.
To make your smoothie, add the pineapple, ice (if using), and coconut water to a blender and blitz until smooth, optionally adding the flavor add-ins. Yep, that’s it.
Hey, 21+ crowd! Ever heard of a piña colada? Yeah, yeah. I know. Obviously. But… have you ever made your own? This recipe can transform into a tasty piña colada-style smoothie in mere seconds! After blending the pineapple and coconut water or milk, all you need to do is add a bit of rum. Just like that, you have a piña colada-style pineapple smoothie on your hands. How’s that for tropical-smoothie-Jimmy-Buffet vibes?
This recipe is also flexible to whatever extra flavors you want to throw in. Mango, strawberry, passion fruit, and banana are all great in it (or add a boost of nutrition by making it a green smoothie).
More Smoothies To Sip On
Can’t get enough at-home tropical vibes? Here are some more fruity flavors for you to try!
- Tropikale Smoothie
- Strawberry Pomegranate Smoothie
- Chocolate Avocado Smoothie
- Healthy Orange Dreamsicle Smoothie
- Mango Smoothie
- 2 cups chopped pineapple 150 g
- 2 cups ice alternatively, freeze pineapple for 30 minutes before blending and don't add ice
- ½ cup coconut water can sub milk or coconut milk, 120 mL
- Optional add-ins: ½ cup yogurt, ½ mango, splash of lime juice
- Add pineapple, ice (if using), and coconut water to a blender and blitz until smooth, optionally adding flavor add-ins.