Strawberry Banana Smoothie
The smoothie of all smoothies…the classic Strawberry Banana Smoothie! With just 3 ingredients and a quick blitz in the blender, this healthy breakfast will be ready in minutes.
You all know how I love smoothies. For me, smoothies are a way of packing in a huge dose of fruits and veggies before 9 am, setting a healthy tone for the rest of the day. Case in point, these Tropikale Smoothies or these Watercress Smoothies.
But sometimes it’s nice to blend up a simple smoothie that falls back on traditional, ultra-tasty flavors. You know what I’m talking about. Strawberry Banana, the O.G. smoothie flavor. The perfect blend of fruity berry and creamy banana.
Sweet without the sugar, creamy without the yogurt. It’s simple, pure, and so delicious. And today, we’re blending it up.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Ingredients
So you ask, how to make a strawberry banana smoothie? It’s as simple as blending all the ingredients until smooth, then adding a little more milk as needed to reach a texture to your liking. It’s that easy! You’ll need:
- Strawberries: Fresh of frozen work here. You can also substitute blueberries or blackberries!
- Banana: Again, use fresh or frozen. I like to pre-chop and freeze soon-to-go-bad bananas and store them in my freezer for smoothies. It ensures I never throw away rotten bananas and makes smoothies instantly frostier!
- Milk: You can use cow’s or dairy-free milk (like almond milk). Alternatively, you can make these Strawberry Banana Smoothies without milk and use apple or orange juice instead.
For the best possible smoothie, make sure at least one of your fruits is frozen!
How to make smoothies thicker
You’ll notice in a lot of my smoothie recipes that I opt to use frozen fruit rather than ice. While ice is nice in adding instant chill and bulk to smoothies, I’ve found that it makes them too watery (not to mention can be hard to blend smoothly).
Instead, I like to freeze fruit and throw that into the smoothie to make it thicker and more frosty. In this Strawberry Banana Smoothie, we’re using frozen strawberries for their convenience and cost efficiency, but you can also peel, chop, and freeze your bananas ahead of time for smoothies. I like to do this with my soon-to-go-bad bananas to give them a second shot at life.
More healthy smoothie recipes
- Wake Me Up Coffee & Oat Smoothie
- Orange Dreamsicle Smoothie
- Key Lime Pie Smoothie
- Strawberry Watermelon Rind Smoothie
- Pink Power Beet Smoothie
- How to Make Green Smoothies
- Strawberry Cottage Cheese Smoothie
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- 1 cup strawberries* 150g
- 1 banana*
- ½ cup milk can sub dairy-free milk, orange juice, or apple juice
- Blend all ingredients until smooth, adding a touch more milk as needed to reach a texture to your liking.
This recipe first appeared on Amanda’s Cookin’, where I’m a contributor.