With just 5 ingredients, this delicious Chocolate Avocado Smoothie is a healthy and decadent drink to start your morning!
Big news, guys! Eatmail subscribers already know this, and it’s sort of good news and bad news. The bad news is that I won’t be coming out with new recipes/sending the Eatmail for the next three weeks (*gasp!*). But the good news is after that three weeks I’m going to have some major recipe inspiration…of the Asian variety. That’s right, I’m headed to Asia!
If you’ve navigated to the “Live” side of the menu bar, you may have noticed I like to travel/talk about travel/photograph my travels a lot. I’ve gallivanted around Europe, hiked through South America (and picked up a boyfriend-tulip-man along the way), and experienced Africa, but Asia hasn’t worked its way into my schedule, that is until now.
The general itinerary will involve us starting in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and eventually making our way to Bangkok, Thailand. If you’ve ever visited these parts and have food/fun recommendations, I’d love it if you’d drop a comment below!
So onto today’s recipe, a Chocolate Avocado Smoothie. Apparently in much of the Southeast Asian cuisine, avocados are eaten as a sweet rather than savory. We did the whole avocado chocolate pie thing, but if you’re crunched for time and just want a simple, decadent smoothie without loads of guilt, whip up this heathy avocado smoothie!
- 1 avocado
- 1 banana if possible*, previously sliced and frozen
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- ½ cup milk or dairy-free alternative
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth, adding more milk if necessary to reach your desired consistency.
Tips & Tricks
- *Add a few ice cubes if you didn’t have time to freeze banana.
- For the fun swirly effect like in the photos, top with a bit of yogurt and swirl it around with a toothpick or knife.