Turn your usual Saturday breakfast into something deliciously out of the ordinary with this Strawberry Cheesecake Stuffed French Toast recipe.
This Strawberry Cheesecake Stuffed French Toast is the perfect Saturday morning kind of breakfast. Unless, of course, your Saturday morning was anything like my Saturday morning this weekend. On Friday night I experienced my first Dutch wedding, which was a lot like an American wedding, but with more cigarette smoke. The tulip-man and I finally got home and tucked into bed around 4am, which meant sleeping until nearly noon. This house is not inhabited by early birds, I tell you.
And the combination of grogginess + slight hangover = necessity for eggs and carbs. Fast. So the tulip-man wamjangled us up eggs-in-a-toasty-hole, which are kind of like regular eggs in a hole but with grilled cheese (something like this).
But I digress. Assuming you wake up at a normal human hour and are not slightly hungover (and therefore can tolerate a sweet, creamcheesy French toast breakfast), this strawberry stuffed French toast recipe is the perfect Saturday morning kind of breakfast.
(P.S. if you’re looking for a plant-based French toast, give this Eggless French Toast a try!)
- 2 thick slices of bread
- ½ cup chopped strawberries 110 g
- ¼ cup cream cheese 90 g
- 2 tsp sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk 30 mL
- ½ tsp vanilla extract 2.5 mL
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Oil or butter for cooking
- Cut a slit in one side of the each slice of bread to form a pocket.
- In a small bowl, mix together the strawberries, cream cheese, sugar, and salt. Gently spoon the mixture evenly into the bread pockets, being careful not to poke a hole in the bread.
- In a large, shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Gently lay each stuffed bread into the egg mixture, letting each side of the bread soak up as much egg as possible.
- Add a touch of oil or butter to a pan and bring to medium/low heat. Cook each side of the bread until lightly browned, about 4 minutes.
- Serve warm, topped with maple syrup, Greek yogurt, honey, or slivered almonds.
Leave a Comment