Stir Fry Meal Prep with Cauliflower Fried Rice and Tofu
This vegetarian stir fry meal prep idea is packed with flavorful cauliflower fried rice, soy-glazed tofu, steamed broccoli, and sriracha mayo!
After our week of vegetarian meal prep deliciousness I’ve had this little voice in my head asking “can we meal prep that?” for basically every recipe I cook. Because plant-based meal prep that actually has you looking forward to lunch is few and far between, so I’m on a forever quest to change that.
Which is where this stir fry comes in. It’s got so many things going on and I’m excited about all of it. There’s the Cauliflower Fried Rice, laced with veggies and scrambled egg. There’s the flavorful soy-glazed tofu. There’s the broccoli (slash any veggie you want to throw in). And best of all, there’s the sriracha mayonnaise. SO. MUCH. YUM. Low carb meal prep for the win!
Stir Fry Meal Prep Ingredients
- Cauliflower Fried Rice: Grated cauliflower “rice” creates the base for this meal prep. Get the recipe here (15 minutes to make).
- Tofu: Sautéed until golden brown with soy sauce, sesame oil, and garlic!
- Veggies: I used steamed broccoli, but you can use whatever veggie you want here (edamame, bell peppers, snap peas, or green beans would all be great).
- Sriracha Mayo: Because no good meal prep is complete without a sauce, we’re going with a lightened up sriracha mayo!
How to pack your mason jar meal prep
Mason jars are a great way to store your weekly meal prep! The glass won’t stain or leave weird flavors (like plastic containers might), the jars are microwavable, and they don’t leak! Here’s how I pack my mason jar meal preps:
- Spoon in the sauce first – putting it in the bottom keeps everything else from becoming soggy.
- Add the cauliflower fried rice – the densest component of the meal that will keep the sauce from spilling all over the jar.
- Throw in veggies – really pack them in to make your jar nice and full (and to make this low carb lunch extra filling).
- Finish with tofu – keep it furthest away from the sauce to keep your tofu relatively crispy!
Stir Fry Meal Prep
- Cauliflower Stir Fry click for the recipe
- 1 16-oz block firm tofu 450 g
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil 15 mL
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 5 cups chopped broccoli or veggie of choice
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise 60 g
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt 60 g
- 2 to 4 Tbsp sriracha 30 to 60 g
- Rice: Prepare the Cauliflower Stir Fry (15 minutes to make).
Tofu: Press tofu to remove excess moisture. Cut into bite-sized cubes then add to a large saute pan, along with vegetable oil, sesame oil, and garlic. Cook over medium/high heat until golden brown and crispy on all sides.
- Veggie: Place broccoli on a microwave-safe plate and drizzle with a little water. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 2 to 3 minutes, or until bright green and tender.
- Sauce: Stir to combine mayo, yogurt, and sriracha.
- Assemble: Evenly spoon sauce into the bottom of 5 mason jars, then add rice, veggie, and tofu. Store in the refrigerator up to 5 days. When ready to eat, reheat in the microwave for 2 to 3 minutes.
Thanks so much for dropping by and for making easy low carb lunches like this Stir Fry Meal Prep recipe possible!
Hi, I’m Sarah! We’re working our way through the easy vegetarian kitchen, one ingredient at a time. Learn more and follow along!
Join the Eatmail for exclusive recipes, meal ideas PLUS our FREE green smoothies eBook!