These vegetarian meal prep boxes have enchilada-flavored quinoa stuffed bell peppers and an easy bean salad. Lunch this week is taken care of!
I’ve always liked the idea of meal prep, but it always seemed like such a labor-intensive way to spend a Sunday afternoon. But then I realized that I am, in fact, a food blogger who could probably figure out a solution if I put my mind to it.
So I’m very excited to kick off a spotlight week that doesn’t feature an ingredient, but rather a cooking method…meal prep! The next two weeks will be packed with so much delicious vegetarian meal prep and I kind of just want to publish it all today so you can taste it all now.
Because these recipes have been some of my favorites to make! Easy, full of flavor/variety, and something that’ll have you counting down the minutes until lunch time. So let’s get into it…stuffed pepper meal prep boxes!
Here’s what goes into this vegetarian meal prep
- Enchilada Stuffed Peppers: Quinoa, beans, and corn lay the base for these deliciously cheesy enchilada stuffed peppers! (30 minutes to make).
- Famous Bean Salad: A tangy, quick-to-make bean salad that becomes even tastier after a few days. (10 minutes to make).
- The Extras: Avocado, plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream), and tortilla chips.
- Meal Prep Containers: These are the containers I use (pictured in the photos).
The Enchilada Stuffed Peppers will take the most prep work (but oh is it worth it). You’ll essentially cook some quinoa and combine it with beans, corn, cheese, and seasonings. Stuff it into peppers, top with enchilada sauce and more cheese, then bake! (The recipe will actually serve two halves per meal prep box, but I’ve just included one in the pictures so you can see all the components of the meal clearly!)
Our side dish, Mama’s Famous Bean Salad, whips together quickly while the peppers are baking. It has a spiced vinegar dressing that you’ll drizzle over the beans, corn, and peppers. Devour it with tortilla chips or spooned over the peppers (or just eat it with a spoon, so good!)
I use these meal prep containers (affiliate link), which you’ll see in the photos have separate compartments that seal shut, so none of the food leaks together. Be sure to store the tortilla chips in separate baggies so they stay crispy until you’re ready to serve.
More vegetarian meal prep you’ll love
- Tempeh Chili with Bulgur and Broccoli
- Roasted Butternut and Chickpeas and Hummus Sauce
- Almond Tofu Nuggets with Chickpea Corn Salad
- Vegan Burrito Bowls with Tempeh Taco Meat
- Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Pesto and Crispy Tofu
- Enchilada Stuffed Peppers click for recipe
- Famous Bean Salad click for recipe
- Avocado + lime juice, tortilla chips, Greek yogurt / sour cream
- Peppers: Prepare the Enchilada Stuffed Peppers (10-15 minutes hands-on work, 20 minutes baking).
- Bean Salad: While peppers bake, make the Famous Bean Salad (10-15 minutes hands-on work).
- Assemble: Place 2 pepper halves into each meal prep container, along with a heaping scoop of bean salad. Quarter the avocado and rub with lime juice to prevent browning. Dollop in Greek yogurt (or sour cream). Portion tortilla chips into sealed baggies.
I first published this recipe over on Amanda’s Cookin’.
Leave a Comment