Butternut Bowl Meal Prep
This Butternut Bowl Meal Prep is packed with spiced roasted chickpeas and butternut, drizzled with lemony hummus sauce, and is totally vegan!
Today I’m showing you how to turn one of my personal favorite recipes on the blog into meal prep-able tastiness! The thing is, these Butternut Chickpea Wraps are like, really good. But they got lost in the abyss of the internet (and everyone gravitated towards these Roasted Chickpea Gyros instead) (which is understandable because those are also really good).
And while I can’t come over to your house and make these for you (or can I? I’m inviting myself over, be there soon), I can show you how to serve them up for every lunch you eat this week.
That’s right friends, meal prep time! These butternut wraps lend themselves well to meal prepping, with roasted veggies that will last all week in the fridge, and a virtually foolproof hummus sauce.
Here’s what you’ll need for this butternut bowl meal prep
- Butternut squash: Roasted until tender and full or flavor! You can substitute sweet potato if that’s your thing.
- Chickpeas: Roasted with the butternut until a bit crispy and hearty. These are going to keep you full all day!
- Hummus: Hummus works so well with butternut squash! We’ll make a quick dressing by combining hummus, lemon juice, and garlic.
- Arugula: I love the combination of sharp arugula and sweet butternut, but you can use whichever leafy green you like.
- Flatbreads: Wrap it all up in a pita or flatbread! Be sure to store these separately (for example, wrapped in plastic or foil) to keep them fresh all week.
- Meal Prep Containers: These are the containers I use (pictured in the photos).
Butternut Bowl Meal Prep
- Roasted Butternut Chickpea Wraps click for the recipe
- Prep: Cook butternut squash and chickpeas + prep hummus sauce according to this Butternut Hummus Wraps recipe (10 minutes hands-on work, 30 minutes roasting).
- Assemble: Portion cooked butternut mixture, hummus sauce, and arugula into meal prep containers. If your containers don’t have separate compartments, drizzle the hummus over the butternut mixture and store the arugula in separate baggies. Wraps flatbreads in plastic or foil to keep fresh.
- Serve: When ready to eat, reheat butternut mixture in the microwave for 2 to 3 minutes. Spoon onto flatbread, topping with hummus sauce and arugula. (Alternatively, stir everything together and eat as a salad, using the flatbread to mop up all the sauce!)
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you buy something from that link I may earn a commission, at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting Live Eat Learn and for making recipes like this Butternut Bowl Meal Prep possible!