This Thai Red Curry Meal Prep is a vegan-friendly lunch idea that will have you so excited for lunch this week!
You know you’ve found yourself a meal prep-able recipe when you start looking forward to having the leftovers for lunch. As someone who can never be satisfied with a boring sandwich, last night’s dinner is my usual lunch of choice.
So when I reshot this Thai Red Curry recently, an old recipe with a permanent spot in our weeknight dinner rotation, I thought I’d show you how to meal prep it too!
Here’s what you need for this Thai Curry Meal Prep
- Thai Red Curry: A spicy coconut curry that’s quick to make and tastes better than takeout! Grab the curry recipe here (30 minutes to make).
- Rice or Quinoa: Stick to rice or quinoa for meal prepping this curry (if you’re eating it immediately and not meal prepping, noodles work well too). You can use white or brown rice, quinoa, or even cauliflower rice.
- Meal Prep Boxes: These are the containers I use (seen in the photos). I love that they have separated, leak-proof sections!
- Curry: Make Thai Red Curry – recipe here (30 minutes). Do not combine the tofu with the curry as stated in the recipe – leave it separate (this will prevent it from becoming too soggy). You can mix the veggies into the curry, as stated in the recipe.
- Grains: While curry simmers, cook your chosen grains according to the instructions on the package.
- Assemble: Portion Thai curry, grains, and tofu into meal prep boxes.
- Serve: When ready to eat, heat everything in the microwave for 3 to 4 minutes.