This week for lunch, consider Fried Rice Meal Prep your go-to! Consisting of fried rice, tofu, and sriracha mayo, this combo is filling and full of flavor.
There’s something about a deliciously pre-made meal that has me counting down the minutes until lunch every. single. time. I just love knowing that I have something prepared that’s delicious, full of flavor, and totally nutrient-rich!
This fried rice meal prep is no different. With a combination of flavors (think savory, sweet, tangy, and totally zesty), this dish is absolutely mouth watering and has become one of my all-time favorites.
I’ve been on quite the kimchi kick recently, so I knew I had to include it in one of my meal prep ideas. I can’t wait for you to try it!
Ingredients included in this fried rice meal prep
To prepare this fried rice meal, I used a combo of my favorite recipes. From fried rice and kimchi to tofu and sriracha, this dish is great for every palate! Here’s what’s included in this meal prep:
- Kimchi Fried Rice (or Cauliflower Fried Rice): Kimchi fried rice gives this mixture a flavorful kick that’s full of zest and tanginess. Check out the recipe here! Alternatively, you can use cauliflower rice.
- Crispy Tofu: To bulk up this recipe and add a bit of protein, I included crispy tofu. I used this recipe.
- Sriracha Mayo: To add extra flavor, sriracha mayo is perfect! A mixture of just the two ingredients, it’s as simple as it sounds!
- Avocado: Because a few avocado slices make every meal that much better!
- Meal Prep Containers: These are the containers I use (pictured in the photos).
Recipes used to make fried rice meal prep
Kimchi is a sweet and sour fermented cabbage dish that adds a zing to any recipe. In this case, that’s rice! This Kimchi Fried Rice recipe is in itself a complete meal. When added with the tofu for this meal prep, it’s even better.
Since I tried kimchi rice, no other rice dish compares. It’s just got so much flavor. This dish is made by fermenting the cabbage and then sautéing it alongside onion, garlic, and other veggies. Add some rice, followed by a couple of eggs, and it’s complete!
Note: You will need to make the kimchi ahead of time, as it requires 2-5 days to ferment. Trust me, the wait will be worth it!
If you’d like to use Cauliflower Fried Rice instead, that works too! This is made by grating the cauliflower, followed by sautéing it with onions, garlic, carrots, and peas. Crack a couple of eggs in the center, stir them in with the rice and veggie mixture, add soy sauce and sesame seed oil, and it’s ready!
Are you ready for the Crispiest Air Fryer Tofu of your life? This delicious tofu is made without cornstarch. It tastes like deep fried tofu, but includes way less fat! Getting your tofu to a perfect level of crispiness is quite the challenge, but this recipe makes it easy. It requires nothing more than pressing and chopping the tofu, then sticking it into the air fryer!
When it comes to storing my prepped meals, I use these meal prep containers. Each compartment seals shut, so nothing runs together. I recommend cutting your avocado in the morning, drizzling it with a little lime juice, and sticking it in its own slot so that you can enjoy fresh, green slices with each meal.
More vegetarian meal prep you’ll love
- Tempeh Chili with Bulgur and Broccoli
- Enchilada Stuffed Peppers with Famous Bean Salad
- Roasted Butternut and Chickpeas with Arugula and Hummus Sauce
- Almond Tofu Nuggets with Chickpea Corn Salad
- Vegan Burrito Bowls with Tempeh Taco Meat
- Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Pesto and Crispy Tofu
- Rice: Prepare Kimchi Fried Rice (15 minutes).
- Tofu: Prepare Crispy Tofu (30 minutes). This recipe uses an air fryer. To make the tofu in your oven, bake at 400°F (204°C) for about 30 minutes.
- Sauce: Stir to combine mayo, yogurt, and sriracha.
- Assemble: Portion fried rice and tofu into into each meal prep container. Quarter the avocado and rub with lime juice to prevent browning. Dollop sriracha sauce into container (or store in a separate small container).