Tempeh Chili Meal Prep
This vegan Tempeh Chili Meal Prep is ready in 30 minutes and takes care of lunch for the week (plus it’s like…really tasty).
We’re rounding out our meal prep spotlight weeks with a simple favorite, Tempeh Chili! Grated tempeh is one of my favorite plant-based “meat substitutes”, especially when it’s incorporated into chili. And with chili being a delicious meal prep recipe in itself, this Tempeh Chili Meal Prep was just bound to be a winner.
Here’s what you need for this chili meal prep
- Tempeh Chili: Grated tempeh, beans, and a blend of spices make the base of today’s meal prep! Tempeh Chili recipe here (30 minutes to make).
- Grains: I paired the tempeh chili with bulgur, but you could just as easily use quinoa or wild rice.
- Veggies: Again, use whichever veggies you like best or have on hand! I steamed broccoli for this meal prep, but asparagus or green beans also work.
- Meal Prep Containers: These are the containers I use (pictured in the photos).
The Tempeh Chili makes up the bulk of the meal prep. You’ll just grate up some tempeh into an awesome ground meat substitute, then saute it until brown. Throw in chopped veggies, beans, and seasonings, and heat until warm to combine all the flavors.
We’re eating the chili as a soup of sorts, but you could of course use it as a component to a meal (like in burritos or taco, in an omelette, mixed in with pasta (or spaghetti squash), or on top of baked sweet potatoes!
I use these meal prep containers (affiliate link), but you could use just about any meal prep container for this recipe. It’s not essential to have the separate compartments; it’s just as tasty when the chili, grains, and veggies all mix a bit!
Tempeh Chili Meal Prep
- Vegan Tempeh Chili click for recipe
- 1 cup dry bulgur or quinoa
- 3 cups broccoli florets can sub green beans, asparagus, or your favorite veggie
- Chili: Make Tempeh Chili – recipe here (30 minutes).
- Grains: While chili simmers, cook bulgur or quinoa. Bring 2 cups water to a boil, then add your grain of choice. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Veggie: Steam or microwave broccoli (or veggie of choice) until tender and bright green, about 3 minutes.
- Assemble: Portion chili, grains, and veggies into meal prep boxes.
Serve: When ready to eat, heat everything in the microwave for 3 to 4 minutes.
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link, I may earn a commission. Thanks so much for dropping by and for making easy recipes like this vegan Tempeh Chili Meal Prep possible!