Mix & Match Meal Prep
Want to get into meal prepping, but overwhelmed by how to make your meals? I’ve created a formula for the easiest, tastiest vegetarian meal prep recipe…Mix & Match Meal Prep!
I’ve always liked the idea of meal prep but always had a hard time jumping into it. For some reason, I thought it would be confusing or hard or time-consuming. Boy, was I wrong! As it turns out, making healthy lunches for the week is actually easier when you do it in big batches. And the reward? Healthy, flavorful lunches all week that aren’t hastily thrown together sandwiches.
So how does it work? Pick one or two items from each group to put in the boxes. Maybe on Monday, you want your protein to be egg and your veggie to be peppers…great! The next day you can have chickpeas with broccoli…also great!
Mix and match without fear, everything goes well together (and you may even find a new favorite combination!) Speaking of, if you’re looking for new flavors and combinations, check out Cook It Fresh, a meal plan program that gives you 31 tasty dinners while doing all the hard work for you (you know, the grocery lists, converting to fit your family size, the fun stuff).
Mix & Match Meal Prep
Want to get into meal prepping, but overwhelmed by how to make your meals? I've created a formula for the easiest, tastiest vegetarian meal prep recipe...Mix & Match Meal Prep!
- 3 cups wild rice, quinoa, or bulgur cooked
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas 425 g
- 4 large hardboiled eggs
- 1 15-oz can kidney, pinto, or black beans 425 g
- 2 cups chopped broccoli 175 g
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes 250 g
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup feta cheese 250 g
- 1/2 cup nuts your choice
- 1 avocado
- Set out 4 or 5 resealable containers. Mix and match ingredients, adding the starch of your liking as a base, followed by some proteins, veggies, and fats. Be sure to divide ingredients out (for instance, divide your can of chickpeas among 2 or 3 of the containers.
- Either drizzle with the sauce of your liking or pour into small separate containers and dress right before chowing down!
Nutrition info calculated by adding all ingredients and dividing by four. Each day will differ slightly, but this is the average nutrition for each meal.
Handy products for this Vegetarian Meal Prep Recipe
This recipe first appeared on Amanda’s Cookin’, where I’m a contributor. This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link, I may earn a commission (at no extra cost to you). This money goes straight back into making easy recipes like these vegetarian meal prep recipe!