Want to get into meal prepping, but overwhelmed by how to make your meals? Here’s a formula for the easiest, tastiest vegetarian meal prep recipe…Mix & Match Vegetarian Meal Prep!
I’ve always liked the idea of vegetarian meal prep but always had a hard time jumping into it. For some reason, I thought it would be confusing or hard or time-consuming.
Boy, was I wrong! As it turns out, making healthy lunches for the week is actually easier when you do it in big batches. And the reward? Healthy, flavorful lunches all week that aren’t hastily thrown together sandwiches.
How do you vegetarian meal prep for the week?
Pick one or two items from each food group to put in your meal prep boxes. Maybe on Monday, you want your protein to be egg and your veggie to be peppers…great! The next day you can have chickpeas with broccoli…also great! Mix and match without fear, everything goes well together (and you may even find a new favorite combination!)
More vegetarian meal prep ideas
- Tempeh Chili with Bulgur and Broccoli
- Enchilada Stuffed Peppers with Famous Bean Salad
- Roasted Butternut and Chickpeas with Arugula and Hummus Sauce
- Almond Tofu Nuggets with Chickpea Corn Salad
- Vegan Burrito Bowls with Tempeh Taco Meat
- Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Pesto and Crispy Tofu
- 7-Layer Summer Berry Salad Jars
- 3 cups wild rice, quinoa, or bulgur cooked
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas 425 g
- 4 large hardboiled eggs
- 1 15-oz can kidney, pinto, or black beans 425 g
- 2 cups chopped broccoli 175 g
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes 250 g
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup feta cheese 250 g
- ½ cup nuts your choice
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup hummus 120 g
- ½ cup romesco sauce 120 g
- ½ cup spinach pesto 120 g
- Set out 4 or 5 resealable containers. Mix and match ingredients, adding the starch of your liking as a base, followed by some proteins, veggies, and fats. Be sure to divide ingredients out (for instance, divide your can of chickpeas among 2 or 3 of the containers.
- Either drizzle with the sauce of your liking or pour into small separate containers and dress right before chowing down!
Tips & Tricks
This recipe first appeared on Amanda’s Cookin’.
Leave a Comment