This vegan Burrito Bowl Meal Prep is the perfect make ahead lunch that makes clean eating all week easy (and delicious)!
This week has been a whirlwind of meal prep deliciousness (see these Stuffed Pepper boxes and this Zucchini Pasta Pesto prep). So like, are you ready for more meal prep? Because I am!
Especially when that meal prep involves…BURRITOS! Vegan burrito bowls, to be exact. These make ahead lunch bowls basically define really tasty clean eating (like, the clean eating you actually crave). Because they’re jam packed with so much flavor. There’s the tempeh taco meat, the Chipotle-inspired herby cauliflower rice, the creamy cashew queso. There’s just so much going for it.
They take 30ish minutes to prepare and give you lunch for the week. Need I say more? Let’s do this.
Burrito Bowl Meal Prep Ingredients
- Tempeh Taco Meat: Grated up tempeh + spices = the best vegan taco meat of your life. Tempeh taco meat recipe here (15 minutes to make).
- Chipotle-Inspired Cauliflower Rice: Herby cauliflower rice that tastes just like the stuff from Chipotle! Cauliflower rice recipe here (15 minutes to make).
- Cashew Queso: A quick blend of soaked cashews and spices make for the most addictive vegan cheese sauce!
- The Extras: Tortillas, avocado, romaine, sliced bell peppers
- Meal Prep Containers: These are the containers I use (pictured in the photos).
Change It Up
This meal prep can easily customized to whatever “main dish” component you want. Our Slow Cooker Mexican Rice is so good in place of the tempeh!
More vegetarian meal prep you’ll love
- Tempeh Chili with Bulgur and Broccoli
- Enchilada Stuffed Peppers with Famous Bean Salad
- Roasted Butternut and Chickpeas and Hummus Sauce
- Almond Tofu Nuggets with Chickpea Corn Salad
- Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Pesto and Crispy Tofu
- 1 cup cashews soaked 150 g
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 carrot
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup water 240 mL
- 1/4 tsp each chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, salt
- Tempeh Taco Meat click for recipe
- Chipotle Copycat Cauliflower Rice click for recipe
- 5 flour or corn tortillas
- To serve: sliced bell pepper, chopped lettuce, avocados, lime
- Queso: Soak cashews in water overnight (or in very hot water for 1 hour). Add carrot and a few tablespoons of water to a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave until fork tender, about 4 minutes. Drain water. Blend all queso ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Taco Meat: Make Tempeh Taco Meat – recipe here (15 minutes).
- Rice: Make cauliflower rice – recipe here (15 minutes).
- Assemble: Portion taco meat, cauliflower rice, queso, and veggies into meal prep boxes. Rub sliced avocado with lime juice to prevent browning. Store tortillas separately, wrapped in plastic wrap to keep them fresh.
- Serve: When ready to eat, reheat taco meat and rice in the microwave for 2 to 3 minutes. Roll into burritos or stir everything together and eat as a salad!
Leave a Comment