In need of some new ideas for your vegan meal prepping? Try out this Chickpea Tikka Masala meal prep! Ready quickly and it’ll have you looking forward to lunch all week.
Back to school may look a little different this year, but the feeling of it is here. So to help with the craziness that is this time of year, I’ll be highlighting a bunch of my favorite meal prep ideas this week! First up…tikka masala!
Sometimes you stumble across a recipe that has you so excited for leftovers that you could just eat it all week. And those are the recipes we meal prep, friends.
So when I first made this Chickpea Tikka Masala I knew it was bound for vegan meal prep infamy. The curry is so rich and creamy, perfect with a few slices of naan and a mound of rice!
“Just finished meal prepping this for the week. This is one of my favorite recipes, and when I bring this to a work function or a social event, people are always asking me for the recipe.” —Kari
Here’s what goes into this tikka masala meal prep
- Chickpea Tikka Masala: Ready in 20 minutes and absolutely packed with flavor! Get the recipe here.
- Rice: Use your favorite rice here! White, brown, quinoa, and even cauliflower rice all work well.
- Naan: No Indian curry is complete without pillowy naan to sop it up. Make your own homemade naan with this recipe!
- Meal Prep Containers: These are the containers I use (pictured in the photos).
More vegetarian meal prep you’ll love
- Tempeh Chili with Bulgur and Broccoli
- Enchilada Stuffed Peppers with Famous Bean Salad
- Roasted Butternut and Chickpeas with Arugula and Hummus Sauce
- Almond Tofu Nuggets with Chickpea Corn Salad
- Vegan Burrito Bowls with Tempeh Taco Meat
- Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Pesto and Crispy Tofu
- Rice: Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a small pot, then add rice. Reduce heat to medium/low, cover, and cook until fluffy, about 20 minutes.
- Tikka Masala: Meanwhile, prepare the Chickpea Tikka Masala (20 minutes to make).
- Serve: When ready to eat, microwave the tikka masala and rice for 2 to 3 minutes, until hot.