Hold the protein powder! This Strawberry Cottage Cheese Smoothie is a high protein snack that’s made with cottage cheese. It’s a quick and easy option that tastes like a strawberry milkshake and is made with only 5 ingredients!
This isn’t your everyday smoothie. It’s a delicious high protein smoothie that’s made with only five ingredients and provides many essential nutrients (along with 12 g protein per serving). It’s quick, easy, and tastes like a strawberry shortcake in milkshake form!
Next time you’re in the mood for a sweet midday treat or dessert, this strawberry cottage cheese smoothie is where it’s at.
I always keep my freezer stocked with frozen fruit so that I can whip up a smoothie whenever I’m in the mood. Since I often overestimate the amount of fresh fruit I can eat in a week, using frozen fruit helps me save money and prevent waste.
Since the weather is starting to get warmer (finally!), I see a lot of these strawberry smoothies in my future. They’re so refreshing, especially on warm days!
Ingredients for this high protein smoothie
Only five ingredients are required to make this high protein smoothie. When mixed together, these ingredients create an ice cold smoothie that’s just as good as a strawberry milkshake! You’ll love the addition of cottage cheese – it creates a great creamy consistency and tastes delish!
- Milk: Milk is used as the liquid base of the smoothie. You can use your favorite kind: almond, cashew, cow’s, whatever!
- Frozen Strawberries: I like to use frozen strawberries because they help keep the smoothie nice and icy. If you want to use fresh, feel free!
- Cottage Cheese: Using cottage cheese creates a thicker smoothie while also adding a boost of protein (which helps you stay full for a longer period of time).
- Honey: For taste and sweetness, a tablespoon of honey does the trick. Add more if desired, or substitute another sweetener, like maple or Stevia.
- Vanilla Extract: Finally, a dash of vanilla balances out the flavor of this protein smoothie.
Here’s how to make it
We’re keeping this recipe short and sweet. Since it’s a smoothie, just throw everything into the blender, starting with the milk. I recommend adding the milk to the blender first because liquid helps lighten the load on your blender.
Blend everything together (I love my Vitamix) until you reach a smooth consistency, adding more honey to taste if you want a smoothie on the sweeter side.
The best part about this smoothie is that it’s easily customizable and can be switched up to fit your mood.
Mixing up the fruit
You can pretty much use any type of fruit in this recipe! Add blueberries and raspberries for a berry medley, go the tropical route with pineapple or mangoes, or keep it simple with just blueberries!
Using a different type of yogurt
Cottage cheese provides some awesome health benefits (think blood sugar levels, heart health, digestion, etc.), which is why I love to sneak it into my smoothies! However, you can also use Greek yogurt if that’s more your style.
Add even more protein
Boost the protein even more by adding chia or flax seeds.
Try these delicious smoothies next
Here are some more tasty smoothie recipes that you’ll want to try! Keep these in your recipe tool belt for a refreshing smoothie each day of the week.
- 1 cup milk 240 mL
- 1 cup frozen strawberries 200 g
- ½ cup cottage cheese 120 g
- 1 Tbsp honey 15 g
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Blend all ingredients until smooth. Add more honey if needed.
Leave a Comment