This mouth-watering Three Cheese Roasted Grape Pizza is packed with savory roasted grapes and three types of creamy, gooey cheese.
When I went away for college it was like my family’s house became the fun house. Suddenly my sister was allowed to have a TV in her bedroom and there were neighborhood parties out the wazoo and…worst of all…Friday night was dubbed a Pizza Night.
Never in my life had we had a thing as magical as a day dedicated to pizza, and then, just as I ship across the country to college, they decide it’s about time for pizza. Really?!
So now that I’ve graduated and have my own little homestead with the tulip-man, I’ve initiated a Pizza Night. And you’d think this would mean we simply order pizza on Fridays, but oh no. This means fully loaded, decadent, decked out in cheese, homemade pizzas.
Ingredients in Roasted grape pizza
This week, I upped my game with this 3 Cheese Roasted Grape Pizza. I first fell in love with roasted grapes a few months ago when I used them to top crispy smashed sweet potatoes with goat cheese. Roasting them replaces their bright, citrusy flavor with a deeply sweet taste. When combined with rosemary, the aroma is so great and the taste will knock your socks off.
But of course, it wouldn’t be a pizza with only grapes and rosemary. Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Grapes: To top a whole pizza with the perfect amount of sweet flavor, use 2 cups of red seedless grapes. If you have black or green grapes, feel free to give ’em a go! The flavor will be a bit different with each type.
- Sea Salt: Add a dash of salt with 1 teaspoon of sea salt. The thick flakes are more noticable and taste great when paired with the sweet flavor of the grapes!
- Pepper: Sneak in ¼ teaspoon of black pepper for addtional flavor.
- Olive Oil: You’ll need 2 tablespoons of olive oil, divided. 1 tablespoon will be used to roast the grapes, and the other will be spread onto the dough.
- Rosemary: 1 sprig of rosemary is all you need to flavor the entire pizza! It’s a powerful (and healthy) little herb.
- Dough: As for the dough, you can get fancy with a handmade crust, or you can pick up a premade version at the grocery store.
- Ricotta: Cheese #1 of the three will be ricotta! Use ½ cup for the best flavor and texture.
- Parmesan: Next up will be grated parmesan cheese, also in the amount of ½ cup.
- Mozzarella: And finally, to round out the cheese, finish things off with shredded mozzarella. You’ll need… you guessed it — ½ cup!
How to make 3 cheese pizza with grapes
Three cheese grape pizza makes for the perfect Friday night meal. Why, you ask?! Well, it’s ready in only 30 minutes (10 minutes of prep and 20 minutes of baking), and that’s just enough time to decide on the perfect pizza-pairing movie! You’ll find the simple, 3-step recipe to be a breeze.
- Roast the grapes: First, preheat oven to 450°F (232°C). Toss the grapes with the salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, and the rosemary leaves. Place the grapes on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the skins begin to burst open. Remove the grapes and leave the oven on.
- Assemble: Next, spread the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil onto the pizza dough and sprinkle a pinch of salt on top. Spread on the ricotta and then sprinkle on the other cheeses. Transfer the roasted grapes onto the pizza, being careful not to transfer excess cooking liquid onto the pizza with them.
- Bake: Bake the pizza on the middle rack for 10 minutes, or until it begins to lightly brown. Transfer it to the top rack and broil for 1 minute, watching carefully, until the cheese is brown and bubbling.
A twist on grape pizza
If you’re Team Grapes (as in the opposite of Team Fruit Doesn’t Belong on Pizza), then you may be interested in these recipes twists.
The first is obvious – pineapple! You can easily replace the grapes in this recipe with diced pineapple for a vegetarian Hawaiian pizza.
The second option is to use apples! Yep, you can totally sprinkle diced apple all over this pizza. Add some pecans or walnuts for the perfect crunch that is surprisingly delish with the three kinds of cheese!
Recipes to pair with 3 cheese pizza
With all of that bread and cheese, you’re likely looking for a pairing option filled with greens! But just in case you’re ready for a total carb party (who doesn’t love a good pizza and fries night once in a while?!) I’m including some breadier options as well.
- Salads: Pair 3 cheese pizza with something light like a Vegetarian Caesar, Berry, or Sunshine salad.
- “Fried” Apps: For a carb lovers meal, enjoy pizza with Truffle Fries, Air Fryer Fried Pickles, or Parmesan and Asparagus Fries!
- 2 cups red seedless grapes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil divided, 30 mL
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 pizza dough
- ½ cup ricotta cheese 100 g
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese 56 g
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese 56 g
- Roast Grapes: Preheat oven to 450°F (232°C). Toss grapes with salt, pepper, 1 Tbsp olive oil, and rosemary leaves. Place them on a rimmed baking sheet and bake 10 to 15 minutes, until skins begin to burst open. Remove grapes and leave the oven on.
- Assemble: Spread remaining 1 Tbsp of olive oil onto your pizza dough and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Spread on the ricotta then sprinkle on the other cheeses. Transfer roasted grapes onto the pizza, being careful not to transfer excess cooking liquid onto the pizza.
- Bake: Bake pizza on middle rack for 10 minutes, or until it begins to lightly brown. Transfer to the top rack and broil for 1 minute, watching carefully, until cheese is brown and bubbling.
Leave a Comment