Zucchini Noodles Vegetarian Meal Prep
This Zucchini Noodles Vegetarian Meal Prep is a low carb lunch solution that will have you looking forward to lunchtime! Packed with fresh veggies, avocado pesto, and crispy baked tofu.
Today we’re taking one of the most popular recipes on the blog and transforming it into meal preppable, on-the-go deliciousness! And in case you’re wondering just how good spiralized zucchini with avocado pesto could be, don’t take my word for it. Here are a few comments from people who tried the recipe:
This is hands down the most amazing, delicious recipe I’ve ever tried (and I’ve tried them all lol). It’s like 9 PM and freezing and I want to buy more avocado from the store.-Arista
Hi, thanks so much for posting this recipe! Just made it for my family and it was waaaaay better than I could have imagined! So delicious and creamy (not to mention healthy!)-Namita
Yum, yum, yummo…this was so good! I had some cherry tomatoes that I sauteed along with the zoodles and threw a handfull of walnuts into the pesto. So GOOD!!-Kim
Here’s what goes in this Zucchini Noodle Vegetarian Meal Prep
- Zucchini Noodles: Spiralized zucchini noodles (a.k.a. zoodles!) make the base of this meal. Get the recipe for the Zucchini Noodles and Avocado Pesto here (15-20 minutes to make).
- Avocado Pesto: This thick and creamy avocado pesto sauce is quick to whip up and packed with flavor. Don’t stir it in with the zoodles until right before serving, and keep it from browning by squeezing lime over it after portioning into boxes (the top layer might still brown a little, but I just scrape it off to reveal tasty green underneath).
- Crispy Seasoned Tofu: To balance out all that veggie action, we’re throwing in some seasoned tofu for a hefty does of filling protein.
- Cherry Tomatoes: Finally, some fresh tomatoes to balance it all out.
- Meal Prep Containers: These are the containers I use (pictured in the photos).
What is the best spiralizer for making zucchini noodles?
How long do cooked zucchini noodles last in the fridge?
Zucchini noodles should last up to 5 days (meaning if you make these vegetarian meal prep boxes on Sunday, they should last the whole week). Be sure to store in an airtight container (these are the containers I use).
How do you heat up zucchini noodles?
We’re pre-cook the zucchini noodles before portioning them into boxes, meaning they just need to be heated up to serve. You can heat them in the microwave (2 to 3 minutes) or stovetop (3 to 5 minutes). With that said, zucchini noodles are also good cold!
Zucchini Noodles Vegetarian Meal Prep
This Zucchini Noodles Vegetarian Meal Prep is a low carb lunch idea that’s packed with avocado pesto, crispy baked tofu, and fresh veggies!
- Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Pesto
- 1 14-oz block firm tofu 400 g
- 2 Tbsp olive oil 30 mL, divided
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce 30 mL
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
Zoodles: Prepare the Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Pesto (10-15 minutes hands-on work, 5 minutes cooking). Do not combine the zoodles and avocado pesto until right before serving!
- Tofu: Pat dry tofu with paper towels. Cut into bite-size blocks. In a small bowl, combine 1 Tbsp oil, soy, and garlic. Heat remaining 1 Tbsp oil in a large saute pan over medium/high. Add tofu and cook until all sides are golden brown. Add soy mixture and cook until liquid has evaporated.
- Assemble: Portion zoodles, avocado pesto, tofu, and cherry tomatoes into meal prep containers. Drizzle lemon juice over avocado pesto to prevent browning.
- Serve: When ready to eat, heat zoodles until warm in the microwave (2-3 minutes) or stovetop (3-5 minutes). Mix with avocado pesto and top with tofu and tomatoes.
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link, I may earn a commission. Thanks so much for dropping by and for making easy recipes like this Zucchini Noodles Vegetarian Meal Prep possible!