Chickpea Gyro Lunch Meal Prep
Ditch boring sandwiches and make yourself something seriously delicious for lunch with this Chickpea Gyro Vegetarian Meal Prep Lunch! In under 30 minutes, you’ll have an ultra-tasty, way-healthy lunch ready for the week.
I’ve been in love with gyros for a loooong time. It goes back to when I lived in Alaska and trips to “the city” involved going to the shopping mall then ducking into the small Greek shack next door to grab some gyros.
Then I moved to Europe and learned about the late night food magnificence that is the doner kebab (a sort of similar dish to gyros), and my love grew more.
But then I decided to eat more vegetarian and was suddenly left with a gaping hole where gyros used to be. So I created Roasted Chickpea Gyros. These chickpea gyros quickly became THE most sought-after recipe on Live Eat Learn. They balance spicy seasoning with refreshing tzatziki and are SO filling.
But there’s just one problem. You can’t take them for lunch very easily (which of course, you will want to do. They’re THAT good). So today we’re transforming this popular wrap recipe into a meal-prep-able, travel-friendly form!
How to make tzatziki video
More vegetarian meal prep you’ll love
- Tempeh Chili with Bulgur and Broccoli
- Enchilada Stuffed Peppers with Famous Bean Salad
- Roasted Butternut and Chickpeas with Arugula and Hummus Sauce
- Almond Tofu Nuggets with Chickpea Corn Salad
- Vegan Burrito Bowls with Tempeh Taco Meat
- Zucchini Noodles with Avocado Pesto and Crispy Tofu
Chickpea Gyro Vegetarian Meal Prep Lunch
Chickpeas and Salad
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas 425 g
- 1 Tbsp olive oil 15 mL
- Seasonings: 1 Tbsp paprika, 1/2 tsp ground black pepper, 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 pita flatbreads sliced into wedges
- ¼ red onion sliced
- 2 cups spinach 60 g
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes 150 g, halved
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt 240 g, sub coconut or soy yogurt for vegan alternative
- ½ cup seeded, shredded cucumber 100 g
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice or white wine vinegar 15 mL
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chickpeas: Pat dry chickpeas with a paper towel, removing any skins that may come off. Gently toss chickpeas with oil and seasonings. Spread onto a greased rimmed baking sheet and roast at 400 degrees F (204 C) for about 20 minutes, until slightly crispy.
- Tzatziki: Meanwhile, combine all “Tzatziki” ingredients, seasoning with a pinch of salt and pepper to suit your taste
- Assemble: Spoon chickpeas evenly into 4 or 5 lunch boxes. Add pita bread wedges, veggies, and sauce (if your boxes do not have separate compartments, store the sauce in a separate container to keep the chickpeas and spinach crisp.)
This recipe first appeared over on Amanda’s Cookin’.
Hi, I’m Sarah!
Showing you how to make easy vegetarian recipes, one ingredient at a time.