Spicy, savory flavor all wrapped up in warm flatbreads is the name of the game with these Roasted Butternut Chickpea Hummus Wraps! Quick weeknight dinners never tasted so good.
As the very last recipe of the year, today I’m sharing with you my most favorite new vegetarian dinner…these Roasted Butternut Chickpea Hummus Wraps! They’re quick, healthy (hello, health resolutions), and so SO delicious. They’re slightly spicy, ultra-creamy, and all wrapped up in these homemade flatbreads from Minimalist Baker.
Anyways, in an effort to keep up with my resolution to be more present, I better get back to our family NYE festivities, which are currently involving Bailey’s spiked coffee, highly competitive games of hearts, and baked brie. Thank you so much for being a part of my year and for joining along on this crazy ride I call food blogging…catch ya on the flip side!
Here’s what goes into these hummus wraps
- Butternut squash: Cubed and roasted into tender perfection, butternut builds the base of these tasty wraps (here’s how to cut butternut squash easily!)
- Chickpeas: Spiced and baked until a bit crispy, these nutrition powerhouses will keep you full long after dinner.
- Hummus dressing: An easy combo of hummus, lemon juice, and garlic creates the most creamy sauce to drizzle over the flatbreads.
- Arugula: You can use any lettuce, but the flavor of arugula just works so well with butternut!
- Flatbreads: And of course, the pillowy flatbreads. You can make your own pretty easily with this recipe, or go with store bought for a faster dinner.
More of our favorite chickpea dinner recipes
- Roasted Chickpea Gyros
- Chickpea Tikka Masala
- Chickpea Stuffed Avocados
- Roasted Beet and Chickpea Tacos
- Pumpkin Soup with Smoky Roasted Chickpeas
- Kale Salad with Roasted Chickpeas
- 1/2 large butternut squash peeled and cubed
- 1 15-oz can chickpeas 425 g, drained and patted dry
- 3 Tbsp olive oil 45 mL
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp sriracha 15 mL
- 2 tsp maple syrup 10 mL
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 medium white onion cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup hummus 120 g
- 2 tsp lemon juice 10 mL
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Water to thin
- 4 flatbreads*
- 1 handful arugula
- Roast: Preheat oven to 425 F (218 C). Throw all Filling ingredients in a large bowl and toss to evenly coat. Spread onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, or until squash is fork-tender.
- Sauce: Combine all Sauce ingredients, adding a touch of water to thin into a sauce consistency.
- Assemble: Evenly top flatbreads* with roasted fillings, hummus sauce, and arugula.