This Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad recipe is a chop it and toss it kind of dish, with sliced apples, dried cranberries, riced cauliflower, and shaved fresh Brussels sprouts. It’s all tied together with the most creamy honey mustard dressing, and ready in under 15 minutes!
I’m in full fledged Thanksgiving mode (in case you didn’t already know from this vegetarian Thanksgiving mega-post). Basically everything the tulip-man and I have eaten in the past few weeks has been some form of Thanksgiving experimentation, and the fridge in our basement which is usually dedicated to drinks is now dedicated to more butternut squash and Brussels sprouts than I know what to do with.
And while some of the best Thanksgiving recipes come hot from the oven, I also love the recipes that require only chopping and tossing together (oven space is a hot commodity on Thanksgiving, after all).
Last year I made Pinch of Yum’s cauliflower detox salad as a side and it was SUCH a hit, with roasted chickpeas and creamy avocado. But to simplify things even further, this year I’ll be making this Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad. Loaded with vegetables (and some fruit!) and all tied together with a creamy honey mustard dressing that I can’t get enough of.
How do you clean Brussels sprouts?
Rinse Brussels sprouts in cold water. Use a small knife to trim off the bottom bit of the stem, then remove any outer leaves that may have blemishes. That’s it! Get a full rundown of Brussels sprout 101 here.
How do you shave Brussels sprouts?
There are two easy ways to shave Brussels sprouts. You can use a mandolin slicer, being sure to use the hand guard for safe slicing. But I prefer a food processor, using the slicing disk for ultra-quick shaved sprouts (a guide to all the odd food processor attachments here)
Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
- 2 cups trimmed Brussels sprouts 250 g
- 1 red apple
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries 30 g
Creamy Honey Mustard Dressing
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil 60 mL
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt 60 g
- 3 Tbsp Dijon mustard 45 g
- 2 Tbsp honey 30 g
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice 30 mL
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- Salad: Thinly shave Brussels sprouts and apple using a mandolin or food processor. Roughly grate cauliflower using a box grater or food processor. In a large bowl, toss together shaved sprouts, apple, cauliflower, and cranberries.
- Dressing: Whisk together all dressing ingredients.
- Serve: Drizzle dressing over salad and toss together. Serve room temperature or chilled.