Quinoa Vegetable Soup
This Quinoa Vegetable Soup is a bone-warming brothy soup that has the flavors of chicken noodle soup with the healthy-ness of vegetable soup (and it whips up in under 30 minutes!)
Truth time: I used to hate soup. Okay, hate may be a strong word. But soup just did not appeal to me growing up. It wasn’t until I started learning to cook (and needing to create dinners on a tight schedule) that I learned the beauty that is soup.
Why? Well for starters, they’re almost impossible to mess up. Throw everything in a pot, heat it up, boom soup. Flavors not right? You can adjust them! Don’t have a certain ingredient? Substitute it! They’re flexible and forgiving and have won a special place in my heart, especially in these cold weather months.
So today let’s celebrate the almost-end of winter with a bone-warming Quinoa Vegetable Soup! It’s like chicken noodle soup (except the chicken is chickpeas) (and noodles are quinoa) (and okay maybe it’s pretty different but it’s so tasty and easy to make so you should definitely try it before the weather warms up, k?)
Quinoa Vegetable Soup
- 2 Tbsp olive oil 30 mL
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 12 cups vegetable broth 3 quarts, 2.8 L
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup dried quinoa 180 g
- 2 15-oz cans chickpeas 2 425 g cans, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley 20 g
- The Base: Heat oil over medium heat in a large pot. Add onion, carrots, celery, and garlic, and cook until softened (about 10 minutes).
- The Bulk: Add broth, thyme, oregano, and bay leaves, then bring to a boil. Once boiling, add quinoa and cook until done (about 12 minutes). Right before serving, stir in chickpeas and garnish with parsley.
Handy products for this Quinoa Vegetable Soup
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link, I may earn a commission (at no extra cost to you!) I first published this recipe on Amanda’s Cookin’, where I’m a contributor. Thanks for stopping by and for making easy vegetarian recipes like this Quinoa Vegetable Soup possible.