Gorgonzola Pear Pizza
This Gorgonzola Pear Pizza is loaded with autumn flavor…caramelized onions, thyme, brie, the works!
I was spouting off the proposed ingredients to this proposed pizza to the boyfriend-tulip-man before getting started … “gorgonzola, pears, brie, thyme, olive oil, caramelized onions…” ”But you’re missing a T word”, he said. “Thyme, I already said thyme”, I retorted. “Nooo another T word”, he said.
“Turmeric, tilapia, tahini, tzatziki, what do you want?!” “Tomato sauce”, he finally spouted out.
Honestly, the thought of tomato sauce on this pear pizza didn’t even cross my mind. Because really, it has no business here. Some pizzas are just pear-fect without tomato sauce (also, help! I can’t stop making terrible pear-able puns!)
Gorgonzola Pear Pizza
- 2 pizza doughs homemade or storebought
- 2 Tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/2 cup white wine 60 mL
- 8 oz brie 227 g, cut into thin triangles and divided in 2
- 3 oz gorgonzola 85 g, divided in 2
- 1 pear
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1/2 cup mozzarella 100 g
- Caramelize the onions: Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a saute pan over medium heat, then add onions, sugar, and salt. Cook 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, then add in a dash of wine. Cook until wine has evaporated, then add a bit more. Continue this process until the wine is gone and onions are soft and caramelized. If onions start to become crispy, reduce heat.
- Assemble: Preheat oven to 475 degrees F ( 250 C). Spread remaining olive oil over each pizza dough, then sprinkle each with a pinch of salt, caramelized onions, cheeses, and pears. Finish with the a sprinkle of thyme leaves.
- Bake: Bake for 10 minutes on the lowest rack. Move to the top rack and broil about 2 minutes to lightly brown the crust and cheese. (If using a firm store bought dough, place directly on rack. If using homemade, place a baking sheet in the oven to get nice and hot, then set pizza on that and bake).
Helpful products for this Pear Pizza
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you buy something from that link I may earn a commission, at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting Live Eat Learn and for making recipes like this pear pizza possible!
Hi, I’m Sarah!
Showing you how to make easy vegetarian recipes, one ingredient at a time. Read more