This 7-Layer Summer Berry Salad Jar is a filling and flavorful meal to-go that will get you excited for lunchtime!
The nice thing about living over here in Europe is I still don’t quite understand the whole Celsius thing yet. So when I see that the weather is supposed to be 35, I don’t panic (at first) (…I panic once I convert it and realize it will be 95 Fahrenheit and oh by the way we don’t have air conditioning).
Safe to say, I won’t be turning on the oven and will be subsisting on salads and popsicles for the foreseeable future.
I’m a big fan of fruit in salads. The tulip-man would blame my sweet tooth, but I think it’s the idea of changing up the savory vibe by throwing in some sweet freshness that has me hooked on them.
There’s this Avocado Mango Fruit Salad that I love. And just the other day the tulip-mama made this Stuffed Melon Chicken Salad (recipe in Dutch) that I’m so in love with and determined to make vegetarian to share with you.
And today we turn to fresh summer berries to add delicious pizazz to this 7-Layer Summer Berry Salad Jar. This would make great meal prep for the week, or just throw it all together for a festive BBQ side salad!
More Summer Salads you’ll love
- ½ cup quinoa 180 g, + 1 cup water
- 1 avocado chopped*
- ¼ cup chopped almonds 25 g
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach
- ¼ cup feta cheese 50 g
- ½ cup sliced strawberries 70 g
- ½ cup blueberries 70 g
- ½ cup blueberry vinaigrette
- Quinoa: Rinse quinoa in a wire mesh sieve to remove natural bitter coating, then transfer to a saucepan with 1 cup water. Bring to a boil then simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, or until tender.
- Prepare: Meanwhile, chop avocado, slice strawberries, measure out ingredients, and prepare blueberry vinaigrette.
- Assemble: Layer dressing, quinoa, then the rest of the ingredients into your jars (or just toss together if eating right away!)
Leave a Comment