We refined this viral TikTok cottage cheese cookie dough recipe to be even easier and more delicious! It’s a healthy, protein-packed edible cookie dough that’s ready in under 5 minutes. Keep it in the fridge for when the sweet tooth hits!
Get ready to indulge guilt-free with our High Protein Cottage Cheese Cookie Dough.
Yes, you heard that right – we’re serving up a delectable cookie dough that’s not only irresistible but also secretly healthy.
Each heaping spoonful boasts a satisfying 5 grams of protein and a mere 66 calories. And guess what? It’s low carb too!
With a heavenly blend of cottage cheese, vanilla protein powder, and those delightful chocolate chips, this recipe is your ticket to a healthy sweet tooth satisfier. Let’s cook!
“Soooooo good! Might not be a good alternative to real cookie dough because I could, literally, eat half or ALL of this in one sitting!” —Shawna
Here’s What you’ll Need
- Cottage Cheese: The star of our show! Cottage cheese not only adds a creamy texture but also brings a punch of protein to the cookie dough, making it a nutritious indulgence.
- Brown Sugar: A touch of brown sugar adds a hint of sweetness and helps balance the flavors. For those watching their sugar intake, feel free to use a sugar-free alternative like Truvia.
- Vanilla Extract: This pantry staple lends a warm and inviting aroma, enhancing the overall flavor profile of the cookie dough.
- Vanilla Protein Powder: Packed with additional protein, vanilla protein powder not only boosts the protein content but also infuses a delicious vanilla essence into every bite.
- Almond Meal: Our gluten-free and low-carb hero! Almond meal provides a nutty richness and acts as a perfect binding agent, ensuring the cookie dough holds together beautifully.
- Chocolate Chips: Who can resist the allure of chocolate chips? These little gems add bursts of sweetness and a delightful texture, making every spoonful a heavenly treat.
How to make Cottage Cheese Cookie Dough
Step 1: Blend Cottage Cheese
In this step, we’re creating the creamy and protein-rich base of our edible cookie dough. Blending cottage cheese, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and protein powder together not only ensures a smooth texture but also infuses the mixture with a delightful vanilla sweetness.
Step 2: Stir Everything Together
By gently folding in almond meal and chocolate chips, we’re adding both texture and flavor to our cookie dough. The almond meal provides a nutty richness and a dose of healthy fats, while the chocolate chips bring in a touch of indulgence.
Step 3: Chill (optional)
Chilling the cookie dough mixture allows all the flavors to mingle and develop over time. During this hour. The chill time also firms up the mixture, giving it a cookie dough-like consistency that’s perfect for scooping and enjoying!
Do you need to cook this cookie dough?
No, you don’t need to cook this cookie dough. It’s meant to be enjoyed as a raw treat, just like traditional cookie dough. The ingredients used, such as cottage cheese and almond meal, are safe to eat without cooking, making this high-protein cottage cheese cookie dough a delicious and worry-free snack. Just mix, chill, and enjoy!
This is the blender I use and adore!
Can I use a different type of protein powder in this recipe?
Yes, you can use your preferred type of protein powder, whether it’s whey, plant-based, or another variety. Just make sure it’s a flavor that complements the overall taste of the cookie dough.
Can I freeze this cookie dough for later?
es, you can freeze the cookie dough for longer storage. Divide it into portion-sized containers or wrap it tightly in plastic wrap before freezing. Thaw in the fridge before enjoying.
Can I skip the protein powder?
Yes, you can omit the protein powder if you prefer. The cookie dough will still be tasty and high in protein from the cottage cheese and almond meal.
- This cottage cheese salad is another fun way to enjoy cottage cheese.
- This cookie dough hummus is a vegan alternative to this edible cookie dough
- This high protein smoothie is another great way to get a boost of protein
- 1 16-oz tub cottage cheese small or large curd, 453 g
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar can sub sugar-free alternative, like Truvia
- 1 tsp vanilla extract 5 mL
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder 40 g
- 1½ cups almond meal 120 g
- ½ cup chocolate chips 90 g
- Blend: Add cottage cheese, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and protein powder to a blender. Blitz until smooth and creamy.
- Stir: Stir in almond meal and chocolate chips.
- Chill: For best results, cover and chill in the fridge for an hour before serving.