Savory Roasted Cranberry Salsa with Pomegranate
This Savory Roasted Cranberry Salsa with Pomegranate is a zingy hybrid of cranberry sauce and salsa. Serve it over a mound of cream cheese and bring it along to holiday get-togethers (or if you’re anything like me, throw in the towel and call it dinner!)
As a food blogger, I’m probably not supposed to tell you this, but here it goes….chips and salsa is my favorite meal. Never mind the fact that I know far better than to be eating this for a meal, but if I have a jar of salsa in the fridge, a bag of tortilla chips in the pantry, and no one to cook dinner for, the odds are very high that chips and salsa will be dinner.
And you know the phrase “if you can’t beat em, join em”? Well that sort of applies here. If I can’t beat the habit, I may as well make the most kick butt homemade salsa that I can. Enter this Savory Roasted Cranberry Salsa.
If you’re going to make salsa at home, there’s no point in making it boring. I’ve made pineapple salsa and mango salsa before, but with the holidays quickly approaching, I thought today we could really step out of our usual salsa comfort zone and make it with cranberries!
Savory Cranberry Salsa
- 2 cups cranberries 220 g, fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup brown sugar 65 g
- 1 finely chopped jalapeño seeds removed
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 lime zest + juice
- ¼ tsp cumin
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 8-oz block cream cheese 226 g
- In a medium bowl, toss together cranberries, sugar, jalapeño, garlic, lime zest + juice, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Spread into a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and roast at 450 degrees F (232 C) for 10 to 15 minutes, or until berries burst.
- Remove from pan, leaving the excess juices on the pan, and gently combine with cilantro and pomegranate arils.
- Cover and set in the fridge to cool and let the flavors blend (1 hour to overnight).
- Place cream cheese on a serving dish and spoon cranberry salsa on top. Serve with an assortment of crackers.
Helpful products for this Cranberry Salsa
This recipe was first published on Amanda’s Cookin’, where I’m a contributor. This post contains affiliate links, which means if you buy something from that link I may earn a commission, at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting Live Eat Learn and for making this Cranberry Salsa recipe possible!