Looking for a fresh overnight oats recipe to add to your routine? This peach overnight oat flavor is bursting with fruity flavor and finished off with rich and creamy yogurt for a breakfast we can’t get enough of.
Have you tried overnight oats before? Whether you’re new to the world of meal-prepped oats or are looking for a new flavor to add to your routine, you’ll love this peach overnight oats recipe!
Reasons you’ll love these peachy oats
- Bursting with juicy peach flavor
- 5 minutes of prep required that’s it
- Make it in advance to make busy breakfasts easier
- 1 dish required, no need to stir this in a separate bowl
- Customizable to whatever spices you have on hand
Overnight Oats Ingredients
The beauty of overnight oats is the simplicity of the ingredients. To make this peaches and cream version, you just need the basic overnight oats ingredients plus vanilla and any kind of peaches.
- Rolled Oats: To start, we need oats for overnight oats! These require 1/2 a cup of old-fashioned rolled oats. You can also use quick oats. Head over to our other post to learn about the types of oats.
- Milk: These use a 1:1 ratio of milk to oats. You can use any milk you like (cow’s milk, plant milk, lactose-free, etc). Just make sure it’s unsweetened since this recipe adds additional sweetener.
- Peaches: I find that canned peaches are the easiest and most convenient for overnight oats. Fresh and peeled peaches are great too!
- Yogurt: Plain or vanilla yogurt can be used. You can also use plant-based yogurt.
- Sweetener: Honey or maple syrup works great for these oats because liquid sweeteners easily combine with the other ingredients.
- Chia Seeds: When chia seeds come in contact with liquid, they expand which helps to thicken up the mixture. Plus, chia seeds are packed with vitamins and minerals.
- Vanilla Extract & Salt: Vanilla and salt both help to enhance the natural sweetness of the peaches without having to add more sweeteners.
Extra Creamy Peaches & Cream
For extra creamy peaches and cream overnight oats, try using the cream from the top of canned coconut milk. This fluffy cream has a high-fat content that helps to bump up the creamy texture.
How to make Peaches & Cream Oats
Overnight oats are a staple in my house because they are so easy to throw together! And, everything is mixed in the same jar it’s eaten from meaning less cleanup!
- Assemble all the ingredients in the jar.
- Rest the oats in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Serve the oats straight from the jar or doctor them up with whipped cream or nuts.
After trying out a bunch of different jars for overnight oats, these are my favorites!
- For The Milk, you can substitute plant-based milk or another liquid like water or juice.
- For The Chia Seeds, you can use flaxseeds or nut butter in place of chia seeds.
- For The Yogurt, plant-based yogurt or coconut cream can be used in place of plain yogurt.
Can you use canned peaches?
Any peaches can be used for these oats – fresh, canned, or frozen peaches. It’s easiest if the canned or frozen peaches are already peeled. If using frozen, you can leave the peaches in the jars overnight to thaw while the oats thicken up.
Make It Your Own!
- Add Nuts as another mix-in for extra crunch. Pistachios go really well with peaches but any other nuts would be good too!
- Add Spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, or cloves to the oats.
- Make it warm by heating the oats up on the stove or in the microwave just before serving.
More Fruity Overnight Oat Recipes You’ll Love
We’ve got a boatload of beloved overnight oats recipes to share with you. Here are a few other favorites for you to try!
- Pina Colada Overnight Oats have all the classic tropical flavors without the hangover!
- PB & J Overnight Oats are a nostalgic take on oatmeal. Great for parents and kids!
- Blueberry Overnight Oats are bursting with sweet, blueberry flavor.
- Strawberries & Cream Overnight Oats are packed with fresh fruit flavor that is the perfect companion to the creamy oats.
- ½ cup rolled oats 40 g
- ½ cup milk 120 mL
- ¼ cup chopped peaches
- ¼ cup plain or vanilla yogurt 60 g
- 1 Tbsp honey or maple syrup 15 g
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds 7 g
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Assemble: Add all ingredients to a jar and stir to combine. Seal shut with a lid.
- Refrigerate: Set in the fridge for at least 2 hours, but preferably overnight, or until oats are soft.
- Serve: Serve chilled straight from the jar!