These Mocha Overnight Oats are like morning in a jar! With fruit, oats, and coffee, this is a breakfast that will get you energized in no time.
We’ve all heard of overnight oats, right? Throw some oats in a jar, add a bit of milk and fruit, boom breakfast. And even though something as simple as this doesn’t necessarily need a formula, the type A in me created a formula a while back.
But this was before I discovered the mind-blowing, party-for-your-tastebuds combination of coffee and oats. The deep, rich flavor of coffee combined with creamy, nutty oats leaves nothing to be desired, and has the power to get you from zero to fully-functioning-adult in no time.
In this spirit of efficiency, this overnight oats recipe is really the perfect morning all rolled up into a jar: whole grain oats, chia seed protein, banana for fruit, and coffee.
- ½ cup rolled oats 60 g
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds 26 g
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup for vegan diets
- 1 banana sliced
- ½ cup brewed coffee 118 mL
- Place oats, chia seeds, cocoa powder, honey, and banana into a serving jar or bowl.
- Pour coffee in and seal (either with a lid or plastic wrap). For best results, shake or stir it all up before refrigerating.
- Place in the refrigerator overnight (6 to 8 hours).
- Serve cold, optionally topped with Greek yogurt, fruit, or cocoa powder.