With just 8 ingredients, these pineapple overnight oats are incredibly easy to throw together! Packed with tropical flavor and made in 5 minutes, they are a healthy breakfast that doubles as the ultimate meal prep.
If you’re craving a tropical treat, then these overnight oats are for you! Whether you’re new to making overnight oats or have overnight oats in your regular breakfast rotation, these pineapple overnight oats are a great way to start your day.
Reasons you’ll love these Pineapple Overnight oats
- A pina colada in oat and breakfast form
- Easy to make and only takes 5 minutes to put together
- Less dishes because these oats are made and served in the same jars
- Customize these oats by adding protein powder or using plant-based milk
Ingredients for Overnight Oats
Overnight oats with pineapple are simple to make with pantry staple ingredients. The best part is that you can use frozen fruit so everything for these oats is available all year round!
- Rolled Oats: Rolled oats are the best choice for overnight oats because they retain their shape and structure while absorbing liquid. You can use quick cook oats but the texture will be more mushy.
- Milk: Feel free to use any milk you like. Coconut milk would be a great addition!
- Pineapple: Fresh pineapple is always the best option, but frozen or dried will also work! And don’t worry, we can show you how to cut a pineapple!
- Shredded Coconut: You can use sweetened or unsweetened shredded coconut, depending on what you have and what your taste preferences are.
- Sweetener: Honey or maple syrup can be used. I prefer honey for this flavor combination due to its lighter, more floral notes.
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds help to thicken the oats. You can make it without chia seeds, but will need to decrease the liquid amount.
- Vanilla Extract & Salt: These help to enhance all the flavors of pineapple and coconut!
How to make Pineapple Coconut Oats
While I can’t tell you how to make a pina colada, I can teach you how to make overnight oats that taste like one!
- Mix everything together in the jars
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight
- Serve straight from the jar!
After trying out a bunch of different jars for overnight oats, these are my favorites!
These overnight oats will keep in sealed jars for up to 5 days in the fridge. Due to the high moisture content of pineapple, some moisture may come seperate and come to the top of the oats. If this happens, just give it a stir to recombine before eating.
- For The Milk you can use almond milk, coconut milk, soy milk, flax milk, cow’s milk, or any other type of milk you like
- For The Chia Seeds you can substitute ground flaxseeds
Can you use Canned pineapple?
Yup, feel free to use canned, frozen, or dried pineapple. If using canned, just be sure to drain dry off as much of the water or juice it’s packed in before using it. To use frozen, just mix the pieces into the oats and let them thaw in the oats while the oats thicken.
Shredded coconut sweetened vs not?
Shredded coconut typically comes in either unsweetened or sweetened. The only difference is that the sweetened kind is tossed in sugar or corn syrup. Either can be used for this recipe but just be aware that the sweetened kind is really sweet because it’s usually used in baked goods.
Make It Your Own!
- Add Nuts like macadamia nuts for a tropical crunch.
- Add tropical fruit like mango, passion fruit, or papaya to these pina colada oats.
- Use coconut milk for a thicker, creamy texture and more pina colada flavor.
More Fruity Overnight Oat Flavors
Looking for more fruity overnight oat flavors to try? We’ve got you covered with more classic flavors!
- Strawberries & Cream Overnight Oats pair fresh strawberries with cream for a decadent contrast of flavors.
- Blueberry Overnight Oats add a great burst of bright fruit flavor.
- Banana Bread Overnight Oats taste like the perfect slice of banana bread wrapped up with creamy oats.
- ½ cup rolled oats 40 g
- ½ cup milk 120 mL
- ¼ cup chopped pineapple
- 1 Tbsp shredded coconut 7 g
- 1 Tbsp honey or maple syrup 15 g
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds 7 g
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- Assemble: Add all ingredients to a jar and stir to combine. Seal shut with a lid.
- Refrigerate: Set in the fridge for at least 2 hours, but preferably overnight, or until oats are soft.
- Serve: Serve chilled straight from the jar!