Tired of boring veggies? These Mediterranean roasted vegetables take things up a few notches with strong seasoning and dill yogurt sauce. It’s love at first bite!
Veggies are amazing when roasted. The roasting process brings out the natural sweetness of the veggies and these flavors are enhanced by selected seasonings. There’s such a great variety of veggies in this Mediterranean roasted vegetable ensemble that everyone will find some favorites – and may even be enticed to try something new!
These are very easy to prepare. Just do all your slicing and dicing and let them roast in the oven while you make the sauce. These would be perfectly paired with any sort of vegan sausages or sandwiches. Let’s roast!
Ingredients for Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables
So many favorites here. Just pick your veggies and go to town chopping!
- Cauliflower: This is a mild (and healthy) veggie that holds onto flavors well. Learn more about cauliflower nutrition, or try some of our other cauliflower recipes!
- Chickpeas: Add some chickpea protein to make this a quick and easy lunch on its own.
- Bell Pepper: I used red bell pepper here, but you can use any color you have on hand to add flavor and crunch to this platter of roasted veggies.
- Zucchini: Mix it up and add some yellow summer squash, too!
- Carrots: A favorite for many, this is a great one to add so everyone has something they already like.
- Red Onion: This type of onion adds a mild zing and natural sweetness.
- Olive Oil: This heart-healthy oil is perfect for oven roasting.
- Seasoning: We’ll season the veggies with a variety of pantry-stables, like oregano, thyme, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Greek Yogurt Sauce: More protein! This refreshing yogurt, garlic, and dill sauce pairs so well with the hot vegetables.
Mix & Match
I choose a variety of vegetables to balance the flavors, colors, and textures. With that said, you can add or omit and vegetables based on what you like or have! Broccoli, snap peas, potatoes, yams, beets, or radishes would be delicious added to these roasted veggies!
How to make Mediterranean Vegetables
Though roasted in the oven, these also taste like Mediterranean grilled vegetables. The whole point is to heat things up and add lovely roasted taste and texture.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat the oven and get out a large baking sheet. Cut the veggies into the perfect size for a fork! Add them all to a large bowl and toss with oil and spices.
Step 2: Bake
Line a baking sheet with parchment and then spread out the coated veggies. Roast until everything is fork-tender. The chickpeas should get crispy.
Step 3: Sauce
Stir together all ingredients for yogurt dill sauce in a small bowl while the vegetables are roasting.
Step 4: Serve
Serve the vegetables still warm from the oven, and top them with a dollop of the dill sauce.
Knife Work: Keep in mind that the vegetables you choose will cook at different lengths. The harder carrots should be smaller than the bell pepper. Keep all cauliflower uniform so all pieces cook the same.
Saucy: This sauce will quickly become a favorite and you’ll find yourself making it for other recipes as well, such as Chickpea Gyros.
Grilled to Perfection: Grab a grill basket and roast these veggies on a gas grill at the same temperature. You’ll have to watch the timing as it depends on if your basket is shallow or deep.
Pop A Pickle On It: Try using pickled cauliflower in place of fresh for a fun added tang!
Make It A Mediterranean Feast
Enjoy these Mediterranean veggies as a companion to so many other dishes from that area of the globe (and check out all of our Mediterranean recipes here):
- Vegetarian Moussaka is a hearty meal that will pair nicely with these roasted veggies.
- Greek Baked Feta can be another dip option.
- Greek Salad Sushi will be a fun appetizer while the veggies roast in the oven.
“This was a delicious, easy meal! My kids kept asking for more! I put leftovers in a wrap for lunch the next day.” —Becky
- 1 small head cauliflower cut into small florets
- 1 15-oz can can chickpeas drained, 425 g
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 medium zucchini chopped
- 3 medium carrots chopped
- 1 red onion sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil 60 mL
- 1 tsp each oregano, dried thyme, garlic powder
- ¼ tsp each salt and pepper
Yogurt Dill Sauce
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt can sub dairy-free, 236 mL
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup fresh dill 30 g
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice 30 mL
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- Prep: Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C). Cut veggies into bite-sized pieces. In a large bowl, toss together all veggies, oil, and spices.
- Bake: Spread into a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until cauliflower is fork-tender and chickpeas are a bit crispy.
- Sauce: While veggies cook, stir together all ingredients for the Yogurt Dill Sauce.
- Serve: Serve warm with sauce!