Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
This Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is loaded with the best of everything…soft boiled eggs, avocado, feta cheese, and quinoa!
We’re going to kick off quinoa week with some good ole fashion Mediterranean health food in the form of this tasty salad. Because in all honesty, for a health blog, there is a bit of a lack in salads. So we’re fixing that. Right now. So let’s talk about the components of this green mess of goodies.
- Quinoa (obviously): Use either red or black quinoa for this recipe. It adds a pop of color, a boost of nutrition, and varies up the texture.
- Vinaigrette: Super simple, ties it all together. You can even experiment with flavors here, like in the Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette.
- Soft-Boiled Eggs: Oi oi oi the stress that went into these. I’m not usually a “everything must be precise” kind of cook, but four failed eggs later and I realized maybe I need to be…at least for eggs. And I still don’t think I even got them perfect but hey, it’s all a learning game. I’ll perfect it next time. (Oh and the picture below is the graveyard of failures.)
- Avocado: Can’t go wrong with avocado. But I totally lost the avocado lottery today. Honestly, this thing is all seed and no avocado (…ah-nocado!).
- Feta Cheese & Red Bell Pepper: Plus anything else your heart desires! Shredded carrot? Halved olives? Banana Pepper?
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
This Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is loaded with the best of everything...soft boiled eggs, avocado, feta cheese, and quinoa!
- 1/2 cup red quinoa
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 eggs
- 6 cups spinach/arugula mix
- 1 avocado diced
- 4 oz feta cheese diced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil. Add quinoa and salt, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until water is all absorbed, then fluff with a fork. Place in fridge to cool.
- Whisk together oil, balsamic, garlic, and honey to make your dressing.
- Cook up your soft-boiled eggs. Bring water to a boil (about 3 inches), then add eggs. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, then remove eggs from heat and place in an ice bath for 30 seconds.
- Gently toss spinach/arugula with balsamic vinaigrette. Add in quinoa, avocado, feta, and red bell pepper and continue to toss. Top with halved soft-boiled eggs.
Soft boiled eggs are fragile. To best remove the shell, gently tap the bottom of the egg on a hard surface and peel off a small portion of the bottom. Gently slide a small spoon into the opening, between the shell and egg white, then rotate the spoon around the egg to separate the shell from the egg.
Helpful products for this quinoa salad
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you buy something from that link I may earn a commission, at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting Live Eat Learn and for making these recipes possible!