This Mediterranean Quinoa Salad recipe is loaded with the best of everything…soft boiled eggs, avocado, feta cheese, and quinoa!
We’re going to kick off our spinach spotlight week with some deliciously healthy Mediterranean food in the form of this quinoa salad! Because in all honesty for a health-loving blog, there’s a lack of salads here. So we’re fixing that. Right now.
Ingredients for this Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- Quinoa: Use any color of quinoa for this recipe. White will have a less intense flavor, while black and red will be a bit nuttier (learn more about the types of quinoa).
- Spinach: I’m a big fan of spinach, the powerhouse leafy green, but you could also use a bag of mixed greens.
- Toppings: Soft boiled eggs, feta cheese, avocado, and bell pepper make this salad anything but boring. You can add as many of your favorite Mediterranean ingredients here (like olives, banana peppers, cherry tomatoes, or cucumber!)
- Balsamic Vinaigrette: We’re going with a classic balsamic vinaigrette today, but you can play around with flavors (like with a Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette.)
Serve this salad with our Mediterranean Stuffed Sweet Potatoes for a complete meal!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil 30 mL
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar 15 mL
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp honey 5 g
- 1/2 cup quinoa 90 g
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 6 cups spinach or mixed greens
- 1 avocado diced
- 4 oz feta cheese diced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- Vinaigrette: Whisk together all Vinaigrette ingredients.
- Quinoa: Bring 1 cup water to a boil. Add quinoa and salt, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until water is all absorbed. Fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Eggs: Bring a medium saucepan of water (enough to cover eggs) to a boil. Carefully add eggs and cook for 6 minutes and 30 seconds. Drain water and add cold water to the pan to cool eggs. Dry and peel eggs.
- Assemble: Toss spinach with balsamic vinaigrette. Add quinoa, avocado, feta, and red bell pepper and toss to combine. Top with halved soft-boiled eggs.