Greek Salad Sushi
Love sushi but not a fan of how long it takes (not to mention the mess?) Today we’re making Mediterranean-inspired Greek Sushi rolls that take everything good about Greek salad and wrap it up into a delicious sushi rolls!
Ever since I learned that cucumber makes an amazingly refreshing sushi base, I’ve been brainstorming ways to make a fun take on traditional sushi.
And after getting a mandoline slicer for Christmas this year, I knew just what I would make. This Greek Sushi! Rather than stuffing sushi fillings into the cucumber (like we did in the infamous Cucumber Sushi Rolls), today we’re thinly slicing cucumber, stuffing it with all the making for Greek salad, then simply rolling it up! No mess, no fuss, and so delicious.
Greek Salad Sushi Video
Here’s the rundown of how we’ll make these tasty flavor bombs.
We’ll spread our tzatziki onto the cucumber, top with bell pepper, onion, and feta, then roll up. Secure with a toothpick and garnish with fresh dill.
It’s that easy, guys! I love these as a fun little side dish at dinner or as an appetizer when we have people over (and with summer just around the corner, I’m thinking we’ll be making a whole lot of this in the coming months!)
Pair this Greek sushi with:
Pair this Greek Sushi with our favorite Mediterranean recipes!
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- Baked Feta Cheese
- Tztaziki Cucumber Salad
- Eggplant Moussaka Casserole
Greek Salad Sushi
- 1 cucumber
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt 120 g
- 2 tsp lemon juice 10 mL
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp fresh dill chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 bell pepper finely diced
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion 30 g
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese 30 g
- Peel: Chop the ends off of the cucumber and use a mandolin or vegetable peeler to peel thin slices along, lengthwise. Set slices on a few layers of paper towels and cover with a few more. Pat to dry and let sit while you make the tzatziki.
- Tzatziki: To make tzatziki, combine, yogurt, lemon, garlic, dill, salt, and pepper.
- Roll: Spread some tzatziki onto a cucumber slice. Top with pepper, onion, and feta. Roll up and secure with a toothpick. Continue until you have used all your ingredients.
I first published this recipe on Amanda’s Cookin’.