This homemade Pumpkin Granola recipe is packed with sweet fall flavors and is a simple way to spruce up yogurt, breakfast cereal, and oatmeal.
My kitchen pantry plays many roles:
- holder of the sacred Special K
- hider of 2 kinds of flour, 4 kinds of rice, and 2 kinds of quinoa, whose existence I’d forgotten
- dark and quiet home to my fermenting kombucha babies
- silent judger of my midnight snack cravings
It’s a magical place, really. But for the times when you needs to clean out the pantry, we granola.
With it being fall, we want cinnamon and pumpkin spice and everything nice! And that autumn flavor-bomb is coming to us in the form of Pumpkin Granola.
And when I say this is a pumpkin-flavored granola, I mean this granola has a LOT of pumpkin deliciousness. We’re talking pumpkin spices AND pumpkin puree AND pumpkin seeds. Let’s cook!
Pumpkin Granola Ingredients
The Spices: cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg, cloves, allspice (or sub pre-mixed pumpkin spice)
Wet Ingredients: pumpkin puree, maple syrup, flavorless oil, vanilla extract
How to Make Pumpkin Granola
Making this autumn inspired granola is as simple as mixing it all together and baking into toasty perfection! Be sure to spread the granola out as much as possible on the baking sheet to help it get toasty brown and crunchy.
Optimally, you should let this completely cool on the pan, so as to produce the most crispy, crunchy, chunky granola (but no will will blame you for sneaking a few bites before it cools!)
How to Store Homemade Granola
This Pumpkin Granola stores well! Just place it in an airtight container or baggie and store at room temperature. It will be best for about a week. As with most things, you can store it for a while longer in the fridge.
- 3 cups rolled oats 270 g
- 1 cup pepitas 100 g
- 1 cup dried cranberries 150 g
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tsp pumpkin spice or 1 ½ tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp ginger, ¼ tsp nutmeg, and ¼ tsp cloves
- ½ cup pumpkin puree 120 g
- ½ cup maple syrup 120 mL
- ¼ cup flavorless oil 60 mL
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Dries: Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C). Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Wets: In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients until evenly mixed, then add to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Bake: Spread the mixture into a single layer onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. To ensure even baking, rotate the pan halfway through cooking.
- Cool: Allow granola to cool completely on pan before breaking into chunks and storing.
A photo from when I originally published this Homemade Pumpkin Granola!
Hi, I’m Sarah!
Showing you how to make easy vegetarian recipes, one ingredient at a time. Read more